• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is anyone else getting books back with warped inner wells?
3 3

27 posts in this topic

On 5/14/2024 at 8:37 PM, LordRahl said:

I just got back 8 boxes of books. I've opened 4 of the boxes and all the slabs seem to have warped inner wells where they are concave in the middle, like I'm sure many of you have seen with backing boards. So, since the inner well is bent, it's bending my book inside it, which is of course putting stress on the spine. I've looked through a bunch of older slabs and they don't have this problem. Is anyone else seeing this with recent subs or did I just get "lucky"?

That sucks, but it seems like CGC is aware and prepared to make it right.  And I guess it wouldn’t be surprising that you got so many if it was a bad run and they’re just taking wells off in order.  Sorry that happened.

• Administrator
On 5/15/2024 at 9:06 PM, Changer said:

ok , so just got this back. Disappointed and need advice. 

1.) First I sent it in because the newton rings were distracting, ugh!  

2.) So I paid for high-value reholding, because I believe that they were not redoing them free just due to newton ring, since I was not the original sender bought this years ago on auction. Ok, fine paid them for this. 

3.) But after waiting a month, the reholdering was done and rings gone, but it looks like some bending due to being squished? and small chip fell off due to the reholder. (Not sure if the case inner well is smaller than before or warped inner well,  but looks slightly squished in there.)  

4.) I can send it in again, but it may need a press, regrade, reholder. As it is expensive, tied 4th highest grade, so If it drops grade due to the mishandling will CGC pay for shipping and damages of lost grade? 

5.) What a pain , Now what to do? 

PRE - reholdering (note the newton rings ) 

1.) 

2403180232481.jpg

after sent in (note chip and I think inner well issue potentially bending the book and accentuating the spine dents?

Scan_20240515(3).thumb.jpg.9f331229e10b03c8b7461a454917e4f7.jpg

IMG_6383.thumb.jpg.f9e9dd959b1f3d9537f11ddadc37453e.jpg

IMG_6384(1).thumb.jpg.12f7d281b5c6abd044963abe5a46cf76.jpg

IMG_6380.jpg

I am presenting this to the team now, and will be in touch with you.

• Administrator
On 5/17/2024 at 12:50 PM, Changer said:

thank you and can provide more photos if needed. 

@Changer Mike and I will be getting back to you directly. For any others with questions such as this, please contact us at service@cgccomics.com with an image of the full front of your book (and the label visible) and a description of your issue/question. Situations resulting on books being returned are reviewed on a case by case basis. Thank you for your understanding. 

• Administrator
On 5/17/2024 at 12:50 PM, Changer said:
On 5/17/2024 at 12:32 PM, CGC Mike said:

I am presenting this to the team now, and will be in touch with you.

thank you and can provide more photos if needed. 

Hi @Changer  I am sending you a PM right now regarding your book.  I apologize for it taking so long for you to get answers for your concerns.

On 5/18/2024 at 9:17 AM, CGC Mike said:

Hi @Changer  I am sending you a PM right now regarding your book.  I apologize for it taking so long for you to get answers for your concerns.

@CGC MikeI just received an 8 book submission back and 5 of them have noticeably warped inner wells. I have sent an email with pictures to cgc service. Frustrating as I paid for Fast Track service. 

• Administrator
On 5/28/2024 at 9:51 PM, Dave616 said:

@CGC MikeI just received an 8 book submission back and 5 of them have noticeably warped inner wells. I have sent an email with pictures to cgc service. Frustrating as I paid for Fast Track service. 

I am sorry to hear that.