• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How could you have so much laziness and hoping to sell?
3 3

23 posts in this topic

Nice description too: " good to very good"

I mean some of these books could down from 50$ if they are  good rather than very good...

What does the full title read? I can't open it, but the letters are beat....... 

If he describes them as beaters and as in Good to VG, how much more information do you need?

Posted (edited)
On 6/5/2024 at 7:05 PM, shadroch said:

What does the full title read? I can't open it, but the letters are beat....... 

If he describes them as beaters and as in Good to VG, how much more information do you need?

Screenshot_20240605_191756_eBay.thumb.jpg.20da6503cd42b3158fa8db02356d8aba.jpg

Beaters...but he's Pristine comics.

Edited by Sigur Ros

Honestly there’s a million terrible sellers on eBay. If they’re not committing outright fraud, probably better to move on without another thought

On 6/5/2024 at 8:40 PM, vheflin said:

He gave you some quality snark with that response.

That's possible, or....the photo he sent could be the original photo at full resolution. He's hoping you can get a better look from a better photo.

On 6/5/2024 at 2:03 PM, BA773 said:

Would you buy book from this kind of guy? Personally I pass.

I think the feeling is mutual.  Saying "couldn't you show better quality pictures for such an expensive amount" probably had the seller debating between snark and ignore.  Looks like they chose snark this time.  I would have chosen to ignore.  It basically tells the seller that you are not there to buy, but rather to bust their balls.  If you're serious about buying, try something like "I'm interested in buying this lot of JLA comics, would it be possible to get photos with more detail?"  

Posted (edited)
On 6/5/2024 at 9:04 PM, revat said:

Honestly there’s a million terrible sellers on eBay. If they’re not committing outright fraud, probably better to move on without another thought

Honestly, there are a million terrible eBay customer service and AI.   I already missed real Americans used to work for eBay but all low job positions are outsourced out of US.

AI removed my Cherry Poptart #1 and Cherry Deluxe #1 four times in four days.  I tried to follow their guidelines, policy and discussed with four different customer service via Chat room.  Their names are obviously not Americans. I asked them if they are in US, they insisted that they are Americans.  I asked them why they are STILL not getting it what I tried to explain the issues.  I asked them how to guide me to correct the listings to avoid being removed automatically but they kept sending me the links.  I asked how to do that but they kept sending me the links. They are so HOPELESS!  Why are they have jobs if they don't know how to explain or direct the customers out there not here.

AI and outsourced jobs are frustrating me for four days and my few favorite eBay sellers already departed to the different sites.  I bet eBay will be phased out within ten years.

Edited by JollyComics

On 6/6/2024 at 3:04 AM, revat said:

"Use the photos to work out condition. I am not a professional grader". That's the SOP for most eBay sellers these days...

On 6/6/2024 at 5:37 AM, goldust40 said:

"Use the photos to work out condition. I am not a professional grader".

Is this Pristine Comics near Tacoma, WA, USA? The dealer with 4 pg. color ads in Overstreet selling sealed early Pokemon boxes and previously sold Action 1 Cgc 8.0 blue that used to be Action 1 8.5 PLOD?

On 6/6/2024 at 4:58 PM, aardvark88 said:

Is this Pristine Comics near Tacoma, WA, USA? The dealer with 4 pg. color ads in Overstreet selling sealed early Pokemon boxes and previously sold Action 1 Cgc 8.0 blue that used to be Action 1 8.5 PLOD?

Yes... 

:lightning:

Thanks for noticing buddy

On 6/6/2024 at 5:37 AM, goldust40 said:

"Use the photos to work out condition. I am not a professional grader". That's the SOP for most eBay sellers these days...

There is a local young flipper here that lists large lots of books at a time. Just strewn around the floor in old bags with minimal or no descriptions. Often nice GA lots. I know for a fact he never takes them out of the bags before he lists them. Just “look at the pics to see what ur getting”. They are often incomplete.

I have told him to break them up and sell individually to get better results. He just ignores me. He is a quick turn and burn guy. Sad part is he sells a lot of them on consignment. I pity the owners…

On 6/5/2024 at 8:03 PM, BA773 said:

Would you buy book from this kind of guy? Personally I pass. :screwy:

Really no different if it’s online or a physical store.

If you don’t like their tone, don’t buy from them.

You’ll have seen the same strategies, time and time again, maybe fallen for them once, and have a degree of skill developed in determining if a new, similar situation is going to be toxic in some way.  

I tend to feel bored rather than frustrated these days. Rarely anything new to hear or read.

How could you have so much laziness and hoping to sell?

I've had a box of slabs i've been meaning to sell for over six months now sitting under my desk without posting them or just sending them to CLink. I am starting to get mad they haven't sold yet... not even an offer.:roflmao: