• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 100-Page Super Spectaculars!
2 2

60 posts in this topic

On 6/18/2024 at 8:58 PM, hchill25 said:

Nope... They're part of a Heritage win from last week. I've been trying to collect all of the DC 100 page giants (and 80 page giants and 64 page giants)! I still need to pick up DC-9 and upgrade DC-7 & DC-8 to have the first 22. This thread has been a real treat. Amazing to see how many 9.6-9.8 copies there are out there.

You got them for a decent price. I debated bidding on them but was chasing other lots. 

Posted (edited)
On 6/23/2024 at 1:02 AM, kimik said:

I debated bidding on them but was chasing other lots. 

You should instead have put your money on the Oilers in last week's games.

:50849494_winkemoji:

Edited by Hepcat

On 6/21/2024 at 11:57 AM, greggy said:

All those beautiful 9.6/9.8's and then you try n slip this turd in.  :sorry:

HOM229.jpg

.....Wait a minute..........I'm talking smack on a 9.4 Pacific Coast Pedigree.........:facepalm:

Edited by ramrod44

On 6/25/2024 at 9:05 AM, electricprune said:

greggy, did you buy the Winnipeg Romance books raw and sub them yourself, or had they already been graded?

They were already graded. 

Mind-blowing Greg...are you still upgrading? What's your favorite book in the series? (shrug)  

On 6/25/2024 at 12:07 PM, greggy said:

They were already graded. 

I understand. Breaking comics out of slabs is an annoying chore but it's something I nonetheless get around to doing.

:smile:

On 6/17/2024 at 12:56 AM, Hepcat said:

Here are a couple more World's Greatest Super-Heroes Super Spectaculars:

(edited)_DC_World_s_Greatest_Super-Heroe

(edited)_DC_World_s_Greatest_Super-Heroe

(edited)_Batman_238_f.png

(edited)_Batman_238_b.png

:cool:

I have these, encapsulated.  The #6 I saw on eBay for a price I couldn't pass up...

2811141602141.thumb.jpg.e146937e798a67a705c157418bf5917f.jpg

...and the Bats 238, for which there is a back story on how this copy got the "Laker Label" CGC designation...

3011131745201.thumb.jpg.3124d37a36ef026dca3cb13aa77202a4.jpg

Knowing that one of my favorite artists, Mr. Neal Adams would be at the Ohio ComicCon, I had some books selected so that I could have them signed, and had these two in the pile.  I went to the convention, and silly me, forgot the books :cry::facepalm:doh!

So..I rushed to the nearest seller booth to try and find any comic with a Neal Adams cover; found the Bats 238, got hold of a CGC rep for a witness, and went to see Mr. Adams. 

Even after finding out the book was slightly restored, I like the "Laker Label" it was given, and also the fact that it'll always remind me of the time of meeting and talking with the legendary Neal Adams. (thumbsu

Edited by Sandflea
more info