• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grading and pressing question
2 2

11 posts in this topic

I have 3 Rob Liefeld submissions that have already been signed. 2 are waiting to be pressed. The other didn't need to be pressed. All three submissions have been sitting in the spot that hey are in for a while and at least 3 other submissions of mine have been sent in and sent back while the Rob liefeld submissions have not moved. Why is this? What am I not understanding? 

• Administrator

Hello @Nick R1, thanks for reaching out. Happy to help with your inquiry! The estimated turnaround time for private signing submissions is about 6-8 weeks from when the signing event is completed. The cut-off date for comics was extended to 6/21/24 and the cut-off for trading cards was extended to 5/21/24 for the Rob Liefeld event, so these books have not been signed yet. There can be a few weeks between the cut-off dates and the actual signing event, so the estimated turnaround time begins once the event has been completed and all books are signed. I hope this helps! 

Hello @JuliaJ CS this information actually helped me out a lot as well! I had two books sent in for the Liefeld signing and had similar status questions. This is my first time submitting ever for anything. A follow up question I have is, are we given any updates via forums, twitter, etc. as to when all of the books have been signed so we can start expecting the 6-8 week turnaround?

Thanks!

• Administrator

Hi @Lewtherian,

Thank you for the reply. Our Signature Series team is very good about updating Social Media when a signing is taking place. They may not do it for every artist but they are pretty good about trying to keep everyone updated. We currently have a date set for the signing toward the end of the month. This could change if the artist has anything come up in their schedule. 

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Thank you,

On 7/15/2024 at 9:12 AM, AllisonC CS said:

Our Signature Series team is very good about updating Social Media when a signing is taking place.

As someone who is not active on Social Media, I find this frustrating - the world doesn't (or at least, my 2c: shouldn't) revolve around Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.  

The CGC boards are some of the most active I've ever seen - you have an engaged, vibrant community here & I don't think it should be too much to ask the SS team to update the Signature Room discussion with signing updates as well. Even a quick note saying the signing happened and a couple of pictures would probably head off many questions to customer service about when/if the signings happened.

Edited by dbcn

Thank you for the update @IceHole! Just for clarification, he was able to sign all of signature series comics in one sitting? I had just assumed it would have been a multi day event but if not then that's awesome!

On 7/25/2024 at 2:18 PM, Lewtherian said:

Thank you for the update @IceHole! Just for clarification, he was able to sign all of signature series comics in one sitting? I had just assumed it would have been a multi day event but if not then that's awesome!

Looks like he did them all...chisel sigs too.  Liefeld said something during his last signing that CGC told him he has the fastest signature...they timed it at under 2 seconds.

I wonder if all 25 sketch covers were completed as well. CGC usually posts behind the scenes stuff after signings but I don’t re-call any posts showing sketches from this one.