• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
2 2

43 posts in this topic

There's an identical very active thread in GA so I think we deserve a similar discussion for SA.  I'm still continuing to see softness in SA keys and overall SA books in 2024, continuing what has been the trend last year as well.  I personally think SA is over-correcting.  What are your thoughts?  Any specific sales in this HA auction that stood out to you for any reason?

This Hulk 1 6.5 basically sold at a 2019 price in this auction, along with many comparable keys considerably off highs.

Screenshot 2024-06-21 134633.png

The 9.6 W Flash #110 went for $49,200, which I thought was actually a bit disappointing.  I can't believe that there might be another copy out there as good, let alone better, so in my heyday I would've gone much bigger after it. 

Edited by tth2

TOS 39 9.2 underwhelming sale at just over $100K. But the first Bat Hound and Bat Mite rocketed to big prices.  Feels like mega key fatigue plus buyers gravitating to and paying up competitively for smaller off beat or overlooked (they prob hope) minor keys. Or just pouncing on rarely seen books 

On 6/22/2024 at 12:51 AM, tth2 said:

The 9.6 W Flash #110 went for $49,200, which I thought was actually a bit disappointing.  I can't believe that there's another copy out there as good, let alone better. 

I agree and it’s a great cover. I think it’s the general mindset of an SA high grade collector, there must be a 9.8 out there or someone just CPR’d a copy higher so this one is now hitting the market.  

On 6/23/2024 at 1:02 PM, adamstrange said:

Seemed to be some interest in WW.

Considering they're from the most difficult period of the SA to find ultra-HG books, I thought they went for pretty cheap! 

On 6/21/2024 at 1:49 PM, atomised said:

There's an identical very active thread in GA so I think we deserve a similar discussion for SA.  I'm still continuing to see softness in SA keys and overall SA books in 2024, continuing what has been the trend last year as well.  I personally think SA is over-correcting.  What are your thoughts?  Any specific sales in this HA auction that stood out to you for any reason?

This Hulk 1 6.5 basically sold at a 2019 price in this auction, along with many comparable keys considerably off highs.

Screenshot 2024-06-21 134633.png

The colors on that book affected the hammer price

04494AE4-D53A-4DBA-95ED-3DED203F8352.jpeg

C120464F-C2E3-44C2-8589-7E0AAA9A2111.jpeg

Edited by Spiderturtle

On 6/24/2024 at 12:14 PM, october said:

SA is not doing well, but I think we can safely ignore that 6.5 sale. Look away if you are the owner....but that copy is a DOG. :(

Not the prettiest copy, to understate.  Faded and yellowed cover colors, and the interior pages sticking way out beyond the cover hurt the presentation.  Eye appeal doesn't always seem to be factored into auction hammer prices, but it often is.

Edited by namisgr

On 8/3/2024 at 7:09 PM, tth2 said:

:whatthe: (worship)

CGC 9.6 W Fantastic Four #1

Just noticed this in the previews for the September Signature Auction!  I almost skipped right past it thinking it must be a Golden Records copy, but then realized it was the real thing!

1 of 2 9.6 copies.  Brulato owns one of them, so I wonder who is selling this copy?

From a rarity factor, CGC has certified a mere eight copies higher than VF/NM 9.0 - and only two as high as NM+ 9.6, with none higher - which makes this issue much rarer than Amazing Fantasy #15, of which CGC has certified 15 copies nicer than 9.0.

It’s unnecessary that they mentioned Af15 in the description since that’s a different crowd.  I understand the rarity viewpoint but comparing oranges and apples here

On 8/4/2024 at 11:50 PM, Spiderturtle said:

The dream copy in the silver age section is the af15 curator copy

look at the gray and reds on this copy.  It’s perfect 

Except for that big "9.0". :wink:

But yes, if one is going to own a 9.0 AF 15, then this is the one to own.

Edited by tth2

On 8/4/2024 at 8:50 AM, Spiderturtle said:

The dream copy in the silver age section is the af15 curator copy

look at the gray and reds on this copy.  It’s perfect 

9028A805-A912-48D3-BCED-E00CAED8036C.jpeg

:takeit: :headbang:

On 8/3/2024 at 7:09 PM, tth2 said:

:whatthe: (worship)

CGC 9.6 W Fantastic Four #1

Just noticed this in the previews for the September Signature Auction!  I almost skipped right past it thinking it must be a Golden Records copy, but then realized it was the real thing!

1 of 2 9.6 copies.  Brulato owns one of them, so I wonder who is selling this copy?

Insane copy...unicorn!! Think it will exceed $3M?  Would also be real curious who owns it...