• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage Auctions Sept 12-15
1 1

262 posts in this topic

On 8/22/2024 at 12:28 PM, Shaun Hill said:

Could someone explain why people bid for tracking on Heritage Auctions instead of using the Watch feature?  I understand on other auction formats that don't have an active tracking system but why on Heritage?

I'm currently tracking a few pages. It separates things you're seriously interested into another tab of My Bids.

Good point.    You can separate  items you’re just watching the market on from items you actually want to bid on.   I’ve done that at times myself.

On 8/22/2024 at 8:16 AM, tth2 said:

I don't think it's shilling (for the most part).  I think it's mostly people propping up prices of pieces that are similar to theirs.  So for example, when a Byrne X-Men piece is up for auction, owners of other Byrne X-Men pieces will put in bids to establish their floor price.  Some might put in more aggressive bids to juice the bidding because they want the Byrne X-Men OA market to appear strong and vibrant.

This describes my bidding on Schulz strips. At some price point I am buying all of them. 

On 8/22/2024 at 12:28 PM, Shaun Hill said:

Could someone explain why people bid for tracking on Heritage Auctions instead of using the Watch feature?  I understand on other auction formats that don't have an active tracking system but why on Heritage?

makes you look like more of a VIP to Heritage, with all of your bidding activity.....then they will treat you better when you auction your own stuff .........:shiftyeyes:

On 8/25/2024 at 8:58 AM, fsumavila said:

The Perez Avengers #168 cover already at $93k with BP. Given the fast start, and that it's easily one of the Top 3 covers from the peak Avengers era, where does this one finish? $200K??

Screenshot 2024-08-25 at 10.50.32 AM.png

Definitely could see it hitting $200k.  It is a real nice example.  I am glad Perez isn't in my wheelhouse.

On 8/25/2024 at 9:58 AM, fsumavila said:

The Perez Avengers #168 cover already at $93k with BP. Given the fast start, and that it's easily one of the Top 3 covers from the peak Avengers era, where does this one finish? $200K??

Screenshot 2024-08-25 at 10.50.32 AM.png

I think the people interested in this should be thrilled that the characters aren't covered in ants or we're looking at a cool million. 

On 8/25/2024 at 12:03 PM, comix4fun said:

I think the people interested in this should be thrilled that the characters aren't covered in ants or we're looking at a cool million. 

LMAO ... good point. Bargain city!!

On 8/25/2024 at 11:56 AM, batman_fan said:

Definitely could see it hitting $200k.  It is a real nice example.  I am glad Perez isn't in my wheelhouse.

This era of Avengers is totally my jam ...and it's always been way out of reach for me. I'm just hoping to get a panel page from the Korvac Saga at some point. Because after all, having two kidneys is way overrated :)

On 8/25/2024 at 2:04 PM, fsumavila said:

This era of Avengers is totally my jam ...and it's always been way out of reach for me. I'm just hoping to get a panel page from the Korvac Saga at some point. Because after all, having two kidneys is way overrated :)

Which artist on the Korvac Saga page?

On 8/22/2024 at 10:47 AM, fishbone said:

makes you look like more of a VIP to Heritage, with all of your bidding activity.....then they will treat you better when you auction your own stuff .........:shiftyeyes:

Can you elaborate on what do you mean by "treat you better"?  Lower commissions?  Or were you just kidding?  

On 9/1/2024 at 9:29 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Wow!  Byrne X-Men splash now at $126K

Ditko ASM 32 page is at $111K

Buscema Wolvie 1 cover already at $198K

TOS 39 page now $150K

Perez Avengers cover at $98K

And there is still a lot of time remaining.

This one is still low but I expect it will creep up and then really pop in the live bidding

Screenshot 2024-09-01 at 11.43.36 AM.png

On 9/1/2024 at 10:55 AM, TheLexLuthorCollection said:

Can you elaborate on what do you mean by "treat you better"?  Lower commissions?  Or were you just kidding?  

tongue firmly in cheek ...... but who knows if they notice how much activity associated with your account. In terms of lower commissions, is directly proportional to the $$$$$ of the item you are bringing to auction :1384582052_handshake:

On 9/1/2024 at 11:29 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Wow!  Byrne X-Men splash now at $126K

Ditko ASM 32 page is at $111K

Buscema Wolvie 1 cover already at $198K

TOS 39 page now $150K

Perez Avengers cover at $98K

wow!! indeed !