• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage Auctions Sept 12-15
1 1

262 posts in this topic

On 9/13/2024 at 10:52 AM, batman_fan said:

So far I think this is the bargain of the auction

Screenshot 2024-09-13 at 11.51.53 AM.png

I was really surprised by the hammer on that one.

Edited by Brian Peck

On 9/13/2024 at 1:52 PM, batman_fan said:

So far I think this is the bargain of the auction

Screenshot 2024-09-13 at 11.51.53 AM.png

I'm in a couple of chat groups following the auction...there have been more than a few lots that have come in below expectations. The Adams Av #93 splash, the Kane Conan #70 cover w/Belit, the BWS Weapon X page, the Miller DKR page, etc. 

To be sure, some pieces have exceeded expectations and a lot have met expectations, but, it does seem like more of a mixed bag than usual...so far. Of course, we've seen other auctions where the Platinum lots underwhelmed and then the main session was en fuego so it's far too early to draw definitive conclusions this early. 

Edited by delekkerste

On 9/13/2024 at 1:58 PM, delekkerste said:

I'm in a couple of chat groups following the auction...there have been more than a few lots that have come in below expectations. The Adams Av #93 splash, the Kane Conan #70 cover w/Belit, the BWS Weapon X page, the Miller DKR page, etc. 

To be sure, some pieces have exceeded expectations and a lot have met expectations, but, it does seem like more of a mixed bag than usual...so far. Of course, we've seen other auctions where the Platinum lots underwhelmed and then the main session was en fuego so it's far too early to draw definitive conclusions this early. 

so far my takeaway is that I am not surprised at any high end results this time.

Normally I'm always shocked by a result or seven.    Not so much today (yet).

On 9/13/2024 at 2:38 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

The Byrne MTU cover went nutz!  I sold it shortly before covid for around $18K  O.o

that did feel like the strongest result today (so far).    That said, as a long time Iron Man fan myself, that was always one of the IM covers I really liked.   I was expecting it to do well. 

Sucks to see a piece you sold go for much bigger money later though, I hear you.

Edited by Bronty

On 9/13/2024 at 11:37 AM, Bronty said:

so far my takeaway is that I am not surprised at any high end results this time.

Normally I'm always shocked by a result or seven.    Not so much today (yet).

I am surprised by the hammer on the Buscema, what piece of his before this auction was the highest sold publically?

On 9/13/2024 at 2:43 PM, AlexGarcia said:

Congrats to the winner of the FF #236 The Thing Transformation page. I was the underbidder. I didn't think it would hit 30k...but it did. 

tremendous image - you put up a good fight

On 9/13/2024 at 2:42 PM, Brian Peck said:

I am surprised by the hammer on the Buscema, what piece of his before this auction was the highest sold publically?

there was soooo much early bidding on it though, that the end result didn't really surprise.    Based on the early bidding I was wondering if it was going to scratch and claw towards 7 figs

On 9/13/2024 at 11:42 AM, drdroom said:

Trimmed PAST the border, with an inch of art missing at the bottom. That would give me serious pause.

Holy spit! I never realized that! I was about to come on and say that this splash definitely underperformed, even taking into account that there are no actual Avengers on the page. But having a bunch of the artwork trimmed off around the edges is a stunning surprise to me! Avengers 93 is one of my all time favorite Adams comics, and I have several originals from the issue (and made a serious run at the cover about 15 years ago). That said, a TRIMMED page like this is a non starter (for me). In this light, the hammer seems HIGH now in hindsight (again, in my opinion).

Edited by stinkininkin