• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

And finally... I'm in da club!!!
1 1

16 posts in this topic

On 7/7/2024 at 12:42 PM, KCOComics said:

Congrats on getting into GA. 

Post some of those crazy interior pages. 

We don't see enough interior pages in a cover art dominated hobby!

That's right and if it's your way of thinking you will appreciate my next thread about my new passion! (I'm starting a coverless collection) I will make it soon, I had already pick up few SA gems for my project! B|

Surprisingly this All star #13 is with #55 the 2 issues who have the lowest highest grade on the census with only a 8.5 at best!

On 7/7/2024 at 7:34 AM, Coverdeath said:

That's right and if it's your way of thinking you will appreciate my next thread about my new passion! (I'm starting a coverless collection) I will make it soon, I had already pick up few SA gems for my project! B|

Never fear, there are enough folks here passionate about GA to have you covered. (thumbsu

On 8/3/2024 at 9:57 AM, Cat-Man_America said:

Never fear, there are enough folks here passionate about GA to have you covered. (thumbsu

Cover are just for masturbation...

On 7/7/2024 at 1:46 AM, Coverdeath said:

I finally make my entry in the GA CLUB, cannot trust to have this book, All Star Comics is my favorite comics run and this is a really early issue telling an astonishing tales where N*zies gazed the JLA members and throw all the members into another planet, each JSAer are gonna fighting the threat on the planet where he was bring and then the citizens of the planets will give to him an artifact to help to battle the threat on our planet! 

it's almost coverless but I bought books only for the inside and this copy have some absolutely crazy pages for the age, so I cannot be more satisfied!

The first one of a long serie!

IMG_1625.thumb.jpeg.e7d603cdbd6eec40738bbaeb008764df.jpeg.d80778b8361086ae7ac6c032e952530b.jpeg

Nice! Great start to the GA! Back in the olden days of collecting you were not considered a "real" comic collector unless you had a run of All Star. 

The opportunities to become the owner of a war time Batman book doesn't  show up often our days, so I'm really glad to acquired this one. I have some high standards for quality pages so I have to pass on tons of books, this one is just perfect and even if i will have pick up any random issue, a Joker splash is a great bonus! :)

Let's see if the real Bat Fans are here, can you find out the issue number? hm

IMG_1722.thumb.jpeg.d178d759a9a58668d59f892f61a02bcf.jpeg.8817587582c29f34a224fccf636cf64c.jpeg

On 8/29/2024 at 6:29 AM, Coverdeath said:

The opportunities to become the owner of a war time Batman book doesn't  show up often our days, so I'm really glad to acquired this one. I have some high standards for quality pages so I have to pass on tons of books, this one is just perfect and even if i will have pick up any random issue, a Joker splash is a great bonus! :)

Let's see if the real Bat Fans are here, can you find out the issue number? hm

IMG_1722.thumb.jpeg.d178d759a9a58668d59f892f61a02bcf.jpeg.8817587582c29f34a224fccf636cf64c.jpeg

Batman 28

Nice copy. A great way to read original GA. Many years ago, I bought a very large pile of early coverless DCs from a guy. Other than having no covers, they were beautiful, white pages copies. I have replaced a lot with better copies and used some as “donor” books but still have a lot left. Very happy to have them.

Edited by Robot Man

On 9/2/2024 at 4:10 PM, Marty Mann said:

Over the years with many moves my copy of ALL STAR #36 lost it's cover.

Enjoy this thread.

IMG   ALL STAR #36  (200 dpi)     .jpg

Great book with the last business of Bat and Supes together.

I just blew up my GA ratio! :Rocket:

Or my Atomic Age ratio if you prefer, as the debate is tense in my other thread...  lol 

IMG_1769.thumb.jpeg.745e317befbabef720b99f99e4d959a3.jpeg.329a5c4afdf567b5986d6bc2e755a071.jpeg

Batman 90

Superman 78,91,93,94,95,96,98 and 99

Is not everyday that you have the opportunity to get an almost complete short run of books from this age.

Thanks to @réalité_consensus

Edited by Coverdeath