• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PSA To Grade Comics In 2025
8 8

219 posts in this topic

On 7/19/2024 at 6:51 PM, Mijael.Levy said:

The Wata case is far better that the CGC case but if you are not gonna keep for personal collection CGC is great to sell videogames and they sell very well . I have 3 games grading now with CGC. Btw Wata belongs to PSA now 

Appreciated!

...and furthermore

have a question....

What does light cleaning remove light debris mean under video games grading?

If sending in disc games, does thesis service make since? Do they buff the case? Or is this more a cartridge based service?

Screenshot_20240719_184314_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 7/19/2024 at 5:53 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Appreciated!

...and furthermore

have a question....

What does light cleaning remove light debris mean under video games grading?

If sending in disc games, does thesis service make since? Do they buff the case? Or is this more a cartridge based service?

Screenshot_20240719_184314_Samsung Internet.jpg

It works for every game but you can do it by yourself. Also i do not recomend using the sticker removal service. A big sticker could hide a tear on tye seal. If you want to learn how to remove stickers theres a great video at youtube. 

On 7/19/2024 at 12:39 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

The real question (more so for Vintage) is who is PSA's restoration expert and head grader?  All it takes is a Hulk #1 CGC 8.5 Purple label to then be in a un-restored PSA label to bring it all down.  Now again if the rumor mill is true then I already question who they have in place.  That name will make CGC less worry some I will put it that way. lol

If the rumor mill is that the person has a bad rep in the hobby, then this service is starting off in a bad way. They should have bought PGX instead. 

This is the best card grading company in my opinion they are great graders and they have a very nice presentation. Serious collectors still don't understand why the PSA slab sells better. Its called SGC and they are so great that PSA bought them last year

Screenshot_20240719_175625_eBay.thumb.jpg.955c803a5c85f9aca904160406d5d45d.jpg

On 7/20/2024 at 2:42 AM, namisgr said:

I wonder if Steve B. will be involved.  hm

I am pretty sure that there is only a chance of that happening if they set up in Florida

On 7/19/2024 at 11:34 AM, aardvark88 said:

Interesting who the head grader will be and which state in USA will house their warehouse for grading comics, mags, sig verification.

which state is it?

Anyone else notice the extra space on the corners of the PSA slab?  I always thought this was a good idea they did for cards and glad the have it for comics also, CGC doesn't do that  

PSA doesn't penalize cards for toning. Meanwhile whiteness and page quality are paramount considerations for comic collectors. Therefore I'm unlikely to trust PSA's comic grading until and unless they demonstrate otherwise. (That is not to say I have full confidence in CGC's grading.)

:juggle:

On 7/19/2024 at 10:10 PM, Nazirite said:

That PSA vault and eBay connection will be deadly 👀.  

It's an interesting concept. Buy a comic on ebay, have it shipped directly to PSA for grading, it gets stored in the vault and reposted on ebay. One never has to touch the comic in the entire cycle. 

On 7/19/2024 at 9:55 PM, Poka said:

I am pretty sure that there is only a chance of that happening if they set up in Florida

Looks like California from the job postings. 

On 7/20/2024 at 9:36 AM, Buzzetta said:

https://careers.collectors.com/5229260004

PSA is looking for graders... and pressers. 

Significantly higher salary than what CGC offers.

In 1906, the Sunshine Bakery was among the largest and best-selling bakeries in the country. They introduced a new three-layer cookie that took America by storm. 

Two chocolate wafers with a serving of sugar and cream in between. America went crazy over the new cookie with the strange name Hydrox. A few years later, several local bakeries merged to form the National Biscuit Company. As an afterthought, they introduced a discount version of Sunshine's best seller and called it the Oreo. 

Sunshine was first to market and was a much bigger company, yet today, Oreos are the world's best-selling cookie, and Nabisco is internationally recognized.  Sunshine and what are now called droxies are an afterthought.  The PGX of the comic world.

Stranger things have happened.

On 7/20/2024 at 9:50 AM, Ryan. said:

Significantly higher salary than what CGC offers.

If a new industry standard is set that raises wages at grading companies across the board I would be completely down with it.