• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action #27- help w/ quick grade!

32 posts in this topic

Wow, you all are tough. I've seen CGC 7.5s that didn't look that nice. I think 7.0 is a very reasonable grade based on what we can see. I, too would worry about restoration of the front cover. Also, is the tear on the bc sealed? Hard to tell from the scan...

I would say a 6.0 but I suspect resto as well. Probably cleaned and press. Besides the eye appeal as a resto indication- look at the lower left corner of the back cover. It a has a bit of a wave.

I would say a 6.0 but I suspect resto as well. Probably cleaned and press. Besides the eye appeal as a resto indication- look at the lower left corner of the back cover. It a has a bit of a wave.

Wouldnt the pressing get rid of that wave?

Despiten the likely GA curve being applied. i'm throwing in with Marvelcollector and David on this one.

the BC tear which is what likely extends 3 pages into the book and that moisture damage also on the BC suggest that a 5.5 to 6.5 would be in order, IMHO.

that Front Cover is really a knockout, which would make this a great collectible.

and if this book had been resto'd, i would also agree that the moisture wrinkle would have been pressed away..................... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Wouldnt the pressing get rid of that wave?

It can cause it if it is not done correctly.

thanks for all the FB guys. AFAIK that is not a tear on the back cover, seems he'd have pointed that out out as he did the interior tears. I'm going to pass on it, as I'd rather have 2 early Actions in VG range than 1 in F or better. smile.gif

If he does get it GCGd or put up on heritage, then we'll know!