• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your Spider-Man ART!!!

96 posts in this topic

I have this John Byrne Splash Page, I believe it's from Amazing Spider-Man #12 smile.gif

AMAZINGSPID12P1BYRNE.jpg

Great piece here! I'm assuming this is Vol. 2? This is truly a stunning work of art!!! May I ask how you acquired this piece? 893applaud-thumb.gif

Looks like this was picked up or at least one time resided at

http://www.romitaman.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1448&ArtistId=943&Details=0&From=Room

I have this John Byrne Splash Page, I believe it's from Amazing Spider-Man #12 smile.gif

AMAZINGSPID12P1BYRNE.jpg

Great piece here! I'm assuming this is Vol. 2? This is truly a stunning work of art!!! May I ask how you acquired this piece? 893applaud-thumb.gif

Yes it is indeed from Vol. 2, and, as Spider-Variant indicated, I got it from Mike Burkey at www.romitaman.com at the same time as another couple of pieces...

Well, actually, I saw the piece when doing a search on www.comicartfans.com which basically links a lot of different dealers, so if you want to look for nice art, I would recommend doing a search in there...

AMAZINGSPID12P1BYRNE.jpg

Yes it is indeed from Vol. 2, and, as Spider-Variant indicated, I got it from Mike Burkey at www.romitaman.com at the same time as another couple of pieces...

Well, actually, I saw the piece when doing a search on www.comicartfans.com which basically links a lot of different dealers, so if you want to look for nice art, I would recommend doing a search in there...

That's a very nice piece, would have loved to grab that. I think Beatty does a better job inking Byrne than Hanna did.

Very nice.

Hey Alberto1975, what are the measurements on the ASM / Mysterio piece? Is it an actual "splash page" if so, doesnt it need all the text info usually found. Just trying to learn

I think its an excellent piece, I went to the website and it still seems that they are listing it for sale makepoint.gif I guess they should update the site!!!

How are you displaying it? I do not own any OA, but have just been turned onto this market!!! Again great OA!!! hail.gif

Thanks

Raccoon

Hey Alberto1975, what are the measurements on the ASM / Mysterio piece? Is it an actual "splash page" if so, doesnt it need all the text info usually found. Just trying to learn

I think its an excellent piece, I went to the website and it still seems that they are listing it for sale makepoint.gif I guess they should update the site!!!

How are you displaying it? I do not own any OA, but have just been turned onto this market!!! Again great OA!!! hail.gif

Thanks

Raccoon

Hey Raccoon,

The piece is in a standard 11 x 17 board, but the actual image is a little bit smaller than usual, it's about 9 x 13, probably an inch or so shorter than normal. They probably made the art smaller to make sure they could fit the usual text at the bottom of the page with all the mumbo jumbo...

Unfortunately, the art is not being displayed right now frown.gif I moved to a small apartment while I go to school for the next 2 years, so I really didn't have enough wall space for all my art...

Welcome to the hobby, and feel free to ask any questions you have about OA, this board is full of knowledgeable people! smile.gif

Thanks a lot Alberto! Yeah, my goal is to get my hands on some nice ASM art. Would love a cover, but that's probably out of my league!

Do you have other ASM stuff? Is Romitaman the best place for ASM?

I would really start looking in the comicartfans web site, do a search in there, and you can see what different dealers have for sale, as well as what different collectors own and want to sell...

ASM covers are expensive and tough to find, but you should be able to find some nice panel pages if you have a little patience...

I don't really own much Spidey stuff because I am trying to focus mostly on Captain America art, but you'll find plenty of people willing to help you with questions on these boards...

Good luck! thumbsup2.gif

Thanks a lot Alberto! Yeah, my goal is to get my hands on some nice ASM art. Would love a cover, but that's probably out of my league!

Do you have other ASM stuff? Is Romitaman the best place for ASM?

I think with a little persitance and patience. you'll be able to pick up a nice cover....I never thought I would be able to get a cover, any cover.....but things have a way of working out when you're active. I think trying Mike Burkey is a good place to start....and you can always do time payments. Mike is very generous about this fact....