• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four 2
2 2

14 posts in this topic

Hi there could you spare a moment and grade this comic Fantastic four issue 2 1st appearance of the Skrulls. 
the centre fold is detached and is missing a piece at the bottom no word bubbles are missing. The comic also doesn’t have a top staple

IMG_9523.jpeg

IMG_9522.jpeg

IMG_9524.jpeg

IMG_9525.jpeg

IMG_9526.jpeg

IMG_9527.jpeg

IMG_9528.jpeg

IMG_9529.jpeg

IMG_9530.jpeg

IMG_9531.jpeg

IMG_9532.jpeg

IMG_9533.jpeg

IMG_9534.jpeg

IMG_9535.jpeg

IMG_9536.jpeg

IMG_9537.jpeg

IMG_9538.jpeg

IMG_9539.jpeg

IMG_9540.jpeg

IMG_9541.jpeg

Poor .5 with any major missing piece like remainder copy or no back cover.

It's normal to get Fair 1.0 if the book is complete with full spine split.

Speaking of the missing piece on the centerfold that is already interrupted the art work.   Let's play safe to grade this book = 1.0 or 1.5.

On 8/31/2024 at 3:30 PM, JollyComics said:

Poor .5 with any major missing piece like remainder copy or no back cover.

It's normal to get Fair 1.0 if the book is complete with full spine split.

Speaking of the missing piece on the centerfold that is already interrupted the art work.   Let's play safe to grade this book = 1.0 or 1.5.

Sorry I’m new to cgc grading process, So this comic would still get a blue label not a purple or green and would be classed as incomplete? 

On 9/14/2024 at 1:47 AM, Average RE said:

Sorry I’m new to cgc grading process, So this comic would still get a blue label not a purple or green and would be classed as incomplete? 

https://www.cgccomics.com/grading/grading-scale/

The primary grader will decide the grade after one or two graders give the grade.  For example, 1st grader gives it 1.5, 2nd grader gives it 1.8 and the primary grader will pick 1.5 for the book.   Sometimes, they can give it a gift grade.  Never know.

https://www.cgccomics.com/grading/labels/

If your book is not restored, it should be blue.   The detached CF at both staples is a defect.  The missing piece on the CF is other defect.  It depends on how many defects have accumulated, the grade will be lowered.  I don't think you will get the green label for your book.  The graders look at the common defects on your book.  Your book will be checked for any kind of restoration before the grade is given.

This post is old but it may be helpful for your inquiry on the green label.  I don't know if CGC has changed the rule upon the green label lately.  I don't see the green labels everything but few.