• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A poll on whether this forum name should be changed
5 5

The Golden Age / Atom Age Forum Title Poll  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this forum should remain the Golden Age forum or be renamed the Golden And Atomic Age forum?

• Golden Age
    • Golden and Atomic Age

58 posts in this topic

So the name has been changed back I see, and I have no problem with that

I love GA comic books but I could care less what the forum is called. The GOLDEN SHOWER...THE GOLDIE HAWN....whatever, as long as I know where the gubbins are I don't care one iota.

72 people cared enough to vote and fair play to them, but seriously does it really matter?. Are things so mundane that it takes a specific dedicated thread to actually highlight the mediocrity of people's lives?

I didn't vote for three reasons:

1. Don't care 

2. Could not be arsed.

3. Where's the crack? 

:banana:

Edited by Paul © ® ⚽️💙™

On 9/11/2024 at 9:45 PM, buttock said:

Can you change Roy's name back to r1970d?

Tons modified.

I have kept my powder dry for a time such as this ...

@Paul © ® 💙, your humorous post motivated me to articulate why *I* care about the name of the forum, for whatever it is worth to anyone.

@VintageComics has been a voice for respecting the history of the term 'Golden Age' and I find myself strongly aligning with him.  You say you love GA comics - of course, all of here in this forum do, for various reasons.  I suspect however that many of us are fascinated by the historical aspect of the comic.  We would not spend hundreds or thousands of dollars (any more than that and you have probably veered into the realm of the comic as an investment) to acquire physical copies of a GA comic unless that were true.  Otherwise, why spend that much money when you can just get a reprint or download a scan to read?  It's the same reason why someone would spend outrageous money to acquire an original Rembrandt, when for pennies on the dollar they can have a copy that is pretty much indistinguishable from the original.  In addition to the historical aspect, as collectors we try to get the best presenting physical copy we can afford and can be quite fastidious (read OCD) when it comes to their storage and presentation.

Given the above, I suggest that just as we are respectful of the physical comic, so too we should be respectful of the decades-old historical conventions in the naming of the eras.  Despite your valid point that the name of the forum is really not that important, It does not surprise me that many of us bothered to express an opinion, since it touches on respect for the history and an undercurrent of OCD in keeping things 'the way they have always been'.

Perhaps it sounds silly, but that's how I feel about it and am glad that the name has been changed back to its original name.

Cue the slings and arrows ...

On 9/11/2024 at 7:57 PM, VintageComics said:

BTW, Love you Jimbo. So glad you're around with us again. :cloud9:

:foryou:

Nothing personal. I just happen to see enough value in the Atomic Age for me to feel a little more noteworthiness is in order. I can't say I have a favorite era, but I do get more excitement from a high-grade Atlas or EC, than almost any WWII book. Either way, I'll keep visiting this sub forum even if it's called "The Forum Named Sue." GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 9/12/2024 at 11:01 PM, Cat-Man_America said:
On 9/12/2024 at 7:37 PM, lhcomics said:

Old people hate change. 

Yep, all those loose coins wear your pockets out! :Rocket: