• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stan Lee Lied - Your Handy Guide to Every Lie in the 'Origins of Marvel Comics'
11 11

2,604 posts in this topic

On 10/10/2024 at 4:11 AM, Prince Namor said:

If RMA was fact checking you the way he fact checked everyone else's debate tactics, the length of this thread would double.

@CGC Mike I saw this as being contentious. Drawing multiple people into an attack for the sake of an undue instigation.

Edited by comicwiz

On 10/10/2024 at 6:02 AM, comicwiz said:

From where I'm sitting, and reading, the instigators are the ones being disrespectful.

No one is forcing anyone to buy this book.

That said, as someone who is currently reading this book, and who is looking forward to reviewing it when I'm done, with the added upside and opportunity to direct questions or comments to the author at that point in time, who also happens to be a long-time boardie, it is something I'd very much like to actualize. 

Without malcontents who bring zero to this discussion, except undue attacks against the author, as well as those who want to see this thread remain. 

Again, ff there's anyone being disrespectful, it's those that continue to bring undue instigation to this thread, with nothing to show. No evidence. No iota of research or receipts. Nothing but words trying to assail or disguise their true intent, which is to have this thread locked.

:applause:

On 10/10/2024 at 9:07 AM, Albert Tatlock said:

Wow!

This latest post is an eye-opener.

My gallery of Marvel super-villains use to be headed by Docs Doom and Octopus, Magneto, Baron Zemo, Kang, Loki and a few others.

Now Stan has shouldered his way to the front.

I tried responding to this, but for some reason my post vaporized when I hit submit reply. I won't retype that out again, but I would highly recommend doing some reading on the Martin Garbus led lawsuit, lots of pertinent details worth devling into. The Wiki news link I provided is just a starting point, lots more where that came from, if you choose to go down that rabbit hole. And one final point, anyone that tries to diminish Kirby, by bringing-up work after he left Marvel, should do themselves a favour and research how abborhent that entire sham that was SLM, but particularly the 7th Portal. There's no way anyone can come out of that crash course EVER thinking Lee was capable of doing things on his own, or without the talents of Kirby or Ditko.

Edited by comicwiz