• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,770 posts in this topic

This one got lost in the shuffle, but I thought it deserved a (worship) (worship) (worship)

Thanks (thumbs uthis page is just awesome up close. :cloud9:I couldn't believe no one else had picked it up. Even the detail in Catwomans eyes is unbelievable.

This arrived today: My first Alex Ross...

WOW. GORGEOUS piece. What are the dimensions?

It's a little too big to fit in a standard portfolio, so I'd guess about 10-15% larger than a regular modern comic page.

Hello Everyone,

Got this piece last year from Gabriele Dell'Otto....but have not displayed the piece anywhere yet. So theoretically it is "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection".

Hope you all enjoy and hope you don't mind me waiting for a year ! :-)

Gabriele did a wonderful job !!!!!

Commission_Wolverine_DellOtto.jpg

You can also check it out in my CAF gallery :

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=3018

There is another great piece Woverine piece by Mark Texeira (I just updated the old picture).

Check it out !!!

Thanks.

Andy

I just got home from work to find this Grail page had arrived from Avengers #156, page 2 (Buscema/Marcos) I got this comic for Xmas 1977 and it was the first Avengers comic I'd ever seen when I was a wee lad of seven. Probably in my top 5 favorite comics ever.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=490198&GSub=56782

Woohoo! I've been wanting this piece forever, as I was a big fan of Peter David's Captain Marvel series and this was a bad assed costume redesign. I saw it a few years ago at Ross's booth and they were asking three grand for it, I think. I won it on eBay the other night for a third of that, and I'd put in a much higher bid so I was definitely the guy who wanted it most. I guess the seller must have taken a wash on it, though, that's too bad (I dunno how much he paid). Very glad to finally have a Ross piece in my collection, and a pretty definitive cover from one of my favorite series.

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=489862&GSub=45758

Edited by Elijya

Hi All,

I got a whole bunch of stuff in and also put up stuff I received earlier.

Nothing earth shattering, but of course I love them otherwise I would not have gotten them.

Here they are:

1. Alpha Flight Full Team Promo Piece by Todd McFarlane

2. Captain Marvel (Shazam!) Full Figure Splash by Josh Middleton

3. Wolverine page by Sam Kieth

4. Two Captain America pages by Chris Bachalo and our very own Tim Townsend

5. Two Mage 2 pages by Matt Wagner

Thanks to all of you who helped me get this stuff, you know who you are. I would publicly acknowledge you but I don't want you inundated with requests for sketches & art! =)

CAF recent additions link!

Heh, the link above will only work for 7 days (sort of) so go look now! :D

Regards,

Malvin

Edited by malvin