• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,770 posts in this topic

Had a good day at the Long Beach Comic Con today. Neal Adams was in a light and pleasant mood - normally he has his nose to the grindstone cranking out pieces. Had a good conversation with Stuart Sayger about a potential commission. Saw Rahsan Ekedal and got to tell him how much I enjoy two pages he sold me and the book Echos that I read as a result.

Picked up three pages from Drew Johnson - all at my wife's request.

This one grabbed my eye as we were walking by and I really wanted an excuse to buy it. My wife decided that since we like traveling, Big Ben's tower in the background can represent our recent trip.

The comic should be coming out in the next few weeks. This is the first published cover I have purchased.

DrewJohnsonSteedandMrsPeel3cover.jpg

We also picked up these two pages just because we really liked the imagery - and the unbelievably low price of $5 each.

Clone Corps #1 p. 24

DrewJohnsonCloneCorps1p24.jpg Clone Corps #1 p. 25

DrewJohnsonCloneCorps1p25.jpg

Nice Drew Johnson cover, his stuff is always nice and and don't know why he doesn't get more artist alley traffic after working on long Wonder Woman run and Supergirl as well.

I wish I bought more of his Supergirl pages a couple years ago when he had them still, that was a great artistic run with very clean lines.

This just arrived, and I have to say that it became one of my favorites when I saw it in-hand. You can't see them in the scan (probably because he did the pencils with a 6H) but the pencil work is kinda neat. Plus, it's a cool sketch of Freefall and the composition really works well - nice and balanced.

Always wanted a vintage sketch (circa mid-90s) from him on a Do-It-Yourself variant.

campbell.jpg

Thanks to RGL for these cool PMS pinups.

PMSbaronMORDO.jpg

PMSdormammu.jpg

and I got this beautiful thing from Kirk Dilbeck. I may have overpaid but he didn;t have to twist my arm or anything. I wanted it at any cost. yeah, stupid I know but I like it. And some things SHOULD be mine, really. We all know it. coughcoughMANRICOcoughcough :jokealert:

HARRISmarvelknightscoverprelim.jpg