• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,756 posts in this topic

This arrived today and I am very happy to have it. I loved this Mini-series when it came out.

John B.

[

Longbow Hunters......wow, big congrats on this beauty!

Thanks Joe I forgot to mention where it is from.

John

When I saw the preview for the story in Archie #636 three years ago, I decided that those pages belonged in my collection.

Thanks to the artist, the very understanding Gisèle Lagacé, this is now a reality:

archie_636_OA.jpg

The OA for the entire issue (except the covers which only exists inside Gisèle's computer) can be viewed in my CAF gallery. Sometimes dreams do come true.

Picked up this Flash Gordon page while at the Chicago Comic Con. The seller did not have information as to what comic it came from, nor who the artist is/was. It is twice up, so I assume it is from the silver age era, and my guess is it is from the 1960s King series. Any help identifying it would be appreciated.

49091458-514C-4D6D-83A5-54B30D235A71_zpsrtm91ubl.jpg

Pretty sure this is one of two pages I used to own. Far as I'm aware it was published in Italy (yes, in English), much later than the 1960s.

Artist is Alberto Giolitti.

Picked up this Flash Gordon page while at the Chicago Comic Con. The seller did not have information as to what comic it came from, nor who the artist is/was. It is twice up, so I assume it is from the silver age era, and my guess is it is from the 1960s King series. Any help identifying it would be appreciated.

49091458-514C-4D6D-83A5-54B30D235A71_zpsrtm91ubl.jpg

Pretty sure this is one of two pages I used to own. Far as I'm aware it was published in Italy (yes, in English), much later than the 1960s.

Artist is Alberto Giolitti.

Thanks Terry. I saw some Alberto pages on the internet and thought they may be similar. I appreciate your help

Bill

I contacted the amazing J.A.W. Cooper about commissioning a piece back in February 2014. At the time she was booked but said she might try to work the idea into her upcoming solo show. She ended up making this gorgeous piece for the show and I purchased it before she was even finished with it. I am so ecstatic to finally have a piece by Cooper. Her work is phenomenal. :luhv::cloud9:

The full story can be read here.

4QQcSm.jpg