• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seeking worst, funniest, most implausible comic titles/issues
1 1

17 posts in this topic

More examples he's found.

I know there was a fairly recent and somewhat similar thread on this site, but that seemed to focus more on funny/goofy comics and had lots of recent stuff. I think he is seeking more goofy/absurd comics with a certain nostalgia factor. So if you can think of similar kinds of titles so that he isn't just combing through box after box of back issues, it would be much appreciated. And if there's a thread from the past that really overlaps with this, please list it. And as noted, there is an emphasis on CHEAP! ;)

s-l1200.jpg

goofyComics.png

The entire New Blackhawk Era

Justice League of America 89 (not a goofy cover, but memorably terrible)

The “Split!” Captain Marvel series from  MF Enterprises. It’s like it was created just for your friend.

On 10/4/2024 at 10:50 PM, Readcomix said:

I know you said he hasn’t found any Gold Key he likes yet, but has he seen this?

IMG_3317.jpeg

Gene this is AI generated by your imagination! Good job!

While Justice League of America 89 still has my vote for the worst comic I’ve ever read, World’s Finest 289 is breathtakingly awful in its own right.