• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC All In/Absolute
1 1

62 posts in this topic

I’m really looking forward to getting into it when I return home from a work trip. They had a really nice event here in NYC at Mid Town with the creators. I couldn’t get away to participate, but reviews seem to be generally positive and there is excitement, which is always fun in this hobby. But who knows if this will continue. 

EDIT: Just read it. I’m excited. 

Edited by Andahaion

On 10/11/2024 at 1:07 PM, J.Sid said:

If this Bruce Wayne has no money, how does he afford those big spikes on his shoulder pads?

image.thumb.png.375841d98958922bbbda82dc9271a2ff.png

Youtube has some really budget friendly DIY spiked shoulder pad ideas. 

On 10/11/2024 at 11:14 AM, comix4fun said:

Youtube has some really budget friendly DIY spiked shoulder pad ideas. 

Ahhhh, that makes sense now. I've seen some reasonably priced materials in the cosplay section at Hobby Lobby.

On 10/11/2024 at 4:45 PM, stinkininkin said:

Over $330k worth of art sold for Nick. Wowzers! I love hearing about hard working artists getting rewarded for their art. They are generally paid poverty wages, and 330k is life changing money for most any comic artist. Bravo!

That's quite a payday!  I am not sure what his rep's cut is, but my guess is likely 25% give or take.  I am sure they are both very pleased with the sales.  What a take for each.

I am curious who the buyers are as those levels.  It would be intriguing to see where those covers end up if they get posted publicly.

On 10/11/2024 at 11:07 AM, J.Sid said:

If this Bruce Wayne has no money, how does he afford those big spikes on his shoulder pads?

image.thumb.png.375841d98958922bbbda82dc9271a2ff.png

As first I thought it was another Amalgam type run but with DC and Image rather than Marvel with Spawn and Batman being the mashup.  I do like supersized Bats though.  Cool nod to Miller.

On 10/11/2024 at 7:18 PM, KirbyCollector said:

$70,000 for a drawing with some of the worst rendered anatomy I've ever seen. And boring, to boot.

1929 vibes

I could be wrong but perfect anatomy doesn't seem to have been the goal. He seems to have been trying to create a new aesthetic. 
Normally that bugs me (like a lot of Humberto Ramos artwork) but something about this really worked to my eye, especially the action pages.

I took a glance through the pages posted to pick up on the story and I saw quite a few creative techniques to storytelling that really clicked. 
Even without the word balloons I really liked his pacing, angles and perspectives and I am usually too impatient to stop and look that long.