• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Long Were You a Lurker Before You Decided To Join the Boards and Why?

39 posts in this topic

This question is inspired by FFB's current thread about how did u learn about the boards?

I lurked a few days I think before I joined. Yet I know many here have claimed to been lurkers for a long time before joining.

For those who lurked for a long duration, why so?

And for those who are lurking now - Hey, Come on in!!

I lurked for half a day and then jumped in, mind you there were a whole lot less people back then..so jumping in was easy.

For some strange reason the first month I never bothered to register, so I was "unregistered" or someone.... confused-smiley-013.gif

I lurked for ages because it says paid email account only. I didn't think I had one until i realised one email account I hardly use is a paid account foreheadslap.gif

Me too!. I had a paid account (with my ISP), but I didn't knew how to activate it.. so it took me some time thumbsup2.gif

Lurked for 2 to 3 months...the time was mostly spent getting an education on selling and buying comics. I read nearly every thread in general/silver/bronze/modern going back over 30 pages of post history.

Finally decided that I had something worthwhile to add to a discussion somewhere and joined in. Went through the usual shill accusations and the occasional crickets chirping after I'd post something. But I'm content with the occasional post and don't feel the need to respond to every thread.

I lurked for half a day and then jumped in...

Me, too. I found this site on a Friday and started my first thread on a Saturday. acclaim.gif

I took the plunge pretty quick too but it took about a week to register my e-mail was having trouble enabling the confirmation link!!! Christo_pull_hair.gif

occasional crickets chirping after I'd post something. But I'm content with the occasional post and don't feel the need to respond to every thread.

I still hear those crickets after I post 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Its like any other group when you first join, even now it takes a while to be accepted in these forums, so I can see why lurkers are hesitant to chime in.

my e-mail was having trouble enabling the confirmation link!!!

It took about a month for me to sign up because of this. CGC and I carried out many e-mail conversations before I could sign up. I kept getting blank e-mails with the password info. CGC ended up doing it manually.

No lurking here either.

I arrived around the point that Bugaboo jumped the shark, and learned quickly that the best way to get accepted around here was to talk comics and make fun of Greggy thumbsup2.gif

makepoint.gif

I never lurked. I posted the day I joined.

screwy.gif

I posted long before that. My first post was asking about Hulk/Thing battle issues. The archived posts don't go back to the time I joined. screwy.gif