• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

3d best CGC'd Marvel collection on the block......

56 posts in this topic

i know this was mentioned in another thread, but the sheer awesomeness deserves it's own thread. 893whatthe.gif

464 Marvels including all the major books during the early 60's in CGC 9.4 (plus the major 1968 books, as well..........) up for preliminary sale next week on Pedigee and then regular listings starting with Avengers 1-20 on Jan 25th.893whatthe.gif

anyone know if this is Ghost Town's collection????

i can't even compute the total value on this one.................... insane.gif

and i'm sure there are those who will be jumping at shadows over this announcement.............. devil.gif

i know this was mentioned in another thread, but the sheer awesomeness deserves it's own thread. 893whatthe.gif

464 Marvels including all the major books during the early 60's in CGC 9.4 (plus the major 68 books, as well..........) up for preliminary sale next week on Pedigee and then regular listings starting with Avengers 1-20 on Jan 25th.893whatthe.gif

and i'm sure there are those who will be jumping at shadows over this announcement.............. devil.gif

Shadows? Shadows like that *other* thread running wild at the moment?

Just cause I know everyone was wondering, but its not mine either. Promise.

stooges.gif

Me niether - i didn't even OWN 464 SA Marvels let alone in this incredible condition.............

well, if it's not Ghost Town, who is it??????? (maybe it's Doug's dupes?!?!?!?) 27_laughing.gif

And I saw a beast coming out of the sea. He had ten horns and seven heads, with ten crowns on his horns, and on each head a blasphemous name. The beast I saw resembled a leopard, but had great feet like those of a bear and a mouth like that of a lion. The dragon gave the beast his power and his throne and great authority. One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been healed. The whole world was astonished and followed the beast. Men worshiped the dragon because he had given authority to the beast, and they also worshiped the beast. And then the beast sold off his comic collection, and the seven plagues were set upon the land.

464 Marvels including all the major books during the early 60's in CGC 9.4 (plus the major 1968 books, as well..........) up for preliminary sale next week on Pedigee and then regular listings starting with Avengers 1-20 on Jan 25th.893whatthe.gif

Where can i see this collection? Are the books for sale?

Where can i see this collection? Are the books for sale?

go to Pedigreecomics.com to read about the event which commences next wednesday, Jan 11th. apparently, one needs to contact Doug Schmell directly to state their interest in any particular books, during the first 2 weeks. all books still leftover will be up for sale beginning on the 25th, with Avengers 1-20. cloud9.gif

Anfield Fox, welcome to the boards! With a name like that, perhaps you should participate in the 2005-2006 Football Thread in the Watercooler. There are a couple of us Reds fans.

Harry,

He's not cashing out, he's cashing in. Time to buy a house and move on, something like that. It has nothing to do with the state of the market (which is as strong as ever on 9.4 or higher CGC books imho). I've already sold appx $13,000 of his books in a little more than a day!! Take that, Joe.

Tim,

Excellent incite on your part. Yes, many of my doubles found its way into this guy's collection. They weren't bad books, I just found a higher grade or a PC copy instead. In fact, he's very picky and only bought a superb copy, not just because the CGC said it was 9.4.

Good to see you're alive and well, Tim. I haven't made it to the boards in a while.

Doug