• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Let's all play investment analyst

78 posts in this topic

Been looking for a nice TT10 for awhile, but just can't seem to find one. Good pick Donut. Actually, I think the whole series is a bit undervalued. After all, they were Dc's X-Men. And, don't forget All Star 1 from the 80's.

Hey all, thanks for all the great opinions! Sometimes I feel that these boards get too caught up in the high dollar books that we miss out on discussing more average / everyday type books! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I am not a high $$$ collector (yet), but i'm sure this thread inspired some to seek out the books mentioned. As for me... I only collect ASM (trying real hard to stick with only ASM) makepoint.gif

I think it may take awhile, and it may be for personal reasons, but I think Daredevil v2 #26 could be there in the next decades. The first Bendis and Maleev issue for a team that stuck around -- with but a single three- or four-issue break, I believe -- until the upcoming #81.

The book(s) include consistently unique and strong art along with great stories and I think the team is leaving DD much higher as an iconic comic book figure than when they started.

It's also the first "modern" comic book I read after my nephew traded them to me when I got back into the hobby three or so years ago.

Like others are saying, this is but an opinion exhibition and not a competition so please, please no wagering.

I will put in a pick for board member Dungeon. That book is GI Joe 21. First appearance of Storm Shadow and the first silent issue as well. No cgc 9.8 graded yet either!

gijoe21f.jpg well. No cgc 9.8 graded yet either!

I completely forgot about that issue - great call!

New guy here, love the boards...lot of information.

Anyway, anybody else notice the crazy prices Floyd Farland has been going for? It was a graphic novel, comic book sized, published by Eclipse in the late 1980's. It leaked out awhile back that it was Chris Ware's first comic work & has shot up from a dollar box book to $50.00+ sales on ebay. Koch has been BINing them at $100+ & if you do an Amazon search for it. most of the used book stores are asking 150.

I was able to pick them up locally for under $5 but can't find anymore. So...errr, decided to share.

That's my pick. Go out & hit that tired 80's backstock at your local shops.

Mark

I will put in a pick for board member Dungeon. That book is GI Joe 21. First appearance of Storm Shadow and the first silent issue as well. No cgc 9.8 graded yet either!

gijoe21f.jpg well. No cgc 9.8 graded yet either!

I completely forgot about that issue - great call!

How does a book that will most likely command a $1000+ premium in 9.8 today, make for a good investment in the future? confused.gif

Yeah, I caught on to the GI Joe 21 this time last year, and it was too late. I'm sure in 2006 the potential for this comic is done. See, the point to this thread is to determine which books will rise in value. GI Joe 21 would have been a good example in 2003.

"How does a book that will most likely command a $1000+ premium in 9.8 today, make for a good investment in the future?"

maybe there's some dealer out there who doesn't pay attention to ebay and will price a nice copy at guide or double. maybe that nice copy turns out to be a 9.8.

"How does a book that will most likely command a $1000+ premium in 9.8 today, make for a good investment in the future?"

maybe there's some dealer out there who doesn't pay attention to ebay and will price a nice copy at guide or double. maybe that nice copy turns out to be a 9.8.

Possible. But that would make a good 'flip", not a good investment for the future.