• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is it too early to talk about San Diego Comicon 2006?

246 posts in this topic

I'd like to schedule an informal meet-and-greet at a pizza joint, for those of us who don't want to spend $200 of comic money on a formal dinner.

I think last year was about $50 for the forum dinner, but I'd be up for a gathering at a pizza joint. thumbsup2.gif

I'd like to schedule an informal meet-and-greet at a pizza joint, for those of us who don't want to spend $200 of comic money on a formal dinner.

I think last year was about $50 for the forum dinner, but I'd be up for a gathering at a pizza joint. thumbsup2.gif

That's not too bad. I remember hearing a 3-digit forecasted amount. Maybe that figure included alcohol.

Is anyone organizing a forum dinner?

I would be willing to organize something like what we did last year. A little feed back from those attending last year would be helpful. We went with free bar for the first hour or two and then cash after that. Did that work for everyone? I tried to keep the costs down so that everyone could have a nice meal and plenty of room to sit and chat. I thought the food and service was good at the hotel and we did not have to compete for anyone's attention like we would if we had it at an area restaurant. So let me know and if there is enough interest, I will get to work.

Bob

I thought last years dinner was great. Having a quiet place like that made it much easier to talk to everyone and mingle. I'm all for the same set up again thumbsup2.gif
I concur

I thought last years dinner was great. Having a quiet place like that made it much easier to talk to everyone and mingle. I'm all for the same set up again thumbsup2.gif
I concur

Sounds good to me.

I'll be there. Great job last year by the way!

Yeah, I don't see how last year could have gone any better. Great food, great conversation. I couldn't believe when it was all of a sudden after midnight!

T-minus 10 weeks and 1 day. headbang.gif

That's because you were sitting next to Lamont Larson. Nuff said. grin.gif

Is anyone organizing a forum dinner?

I would be willing to organize something like what we did last year. A little feed back from those attending last year would be helpful. We went with free bar for the first hour or two and then cash after that. Did that work for everyone? I tried to keep the costs down so that everyone could have a nice meal and plenty of room to sit and chat. I thought the food and service was good at the hotel and we did not have to compete for anyone's attention like we would if we had it at an area restaurant. So let me know and if there is enough interest, I will get to work.

Bob

Hi Bob,

Last year's dinner was absolutely perfect. I can't think of anything that could improve upon it.

Only if she's sitting next to me! poke2.gif

Does anyone have extra Exhibitor badges that they'd be willing to let go of for a cash sum? I asked a while back, but it may have been too far away from the con still so I thought I would ask again. If you do PM me 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

[embarrassing lack of self control]. I may have to go to a wedding that weekend. Now, I'm thinking of showing up Wednesday. Does anyone have any info on Preview night? What time does the exhibit hall open/close? Are all the dealers selling then? There is no info on the CCI site about times and what happens during preview night. thanks