• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boy Comics # 17 New Thread

197 posts in this topic

Does that mean people who got rid of all their slabs in protest of CGC aren't allowed to post anything critical of CGC?

That's why I will always hang onto one. It gives me the right................. wink.gif

27_laughing.gifhail.gif

Does that mean people who got rid of all their slabs in protest of CGC aren't allowed to post anything critical of CGC?

Well, lets say that you conservatively have about 50G to 100G invested in slabbed books. You definitely don't want the CGC "brand" devalued. So you'll hang in there and defend them to the end. Simple self-interest. Far from impartial. I think that fully explains the revved u, aggressive person_without_enough_empathyiness of your recent posts.

thumbsup2.gif

The King

Yup, could be. And of course it has nothing to do with simply having my fill of the unrelenting negativity of the boards lately.

Well, lets say that you conservatively have about 50G to 100G invested in slabbed books. You definitely don't want the CGC "brand" devalued. So you'll hang in there and defend them to the end. Simple self-interest. Far from impartial. I think that fully explains the revved u, aggressive person_without_enough_empathyiness of your recent posts.

thumbsup2.gif

The King

So speaketh the eternally person_without_enough_empathyy shill who is too cowardly to post such things under his real ID. Unless he's a previously banned user, of course.

thumbsup2.gif

The King

So speaketh the eternally person_without_enough_empathyy shill who is too cowardly to post such things under his real ID. Unless he's a previously banned user, of course.

27_laughing.gif Yep...shills suck. Nuff said...

Jim

I don't see how Steve can identify "exceptions to the rule" like the Boy 17 without first giving us a rulebook? Anything can be the exception to a rule if you make up the rules as you go along.

Lots of good posts to this thread, and I do believe we're making some progress as a community - with CGC now more of a hurdle than a help.

That's why I will always hang onto one. It gives me the right................. wink.gif

just make sure it's from Sid's Luncheonette........... grin.gif

thumbsup2.gif

The King

Simple possession alone of CGC books, whatever their value, is not a reason by itself to declare or infer someone as biased. I own far more than the amount you stated and there is absolutely no way you can say I have not been vocally critical of CGC policies.

Tim's comments in the year I have been here have been highly informative and helpful, unlike this one above.

Of course, when he disagrees with me, he is a insufficiently_thoughtful_person. flowerred.gifpoke2.gif

Why does this keep ringing in my ears? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifThe book must have been later on pressed to its full potential makepoint.gif

For chrissake, would people get off this point already? Borock is many things, but a skilled drafter he is not (although he's a much better writer than half the people here).

Sure there are some keyboard novices here but I can think of many that are far more skilled at writing.

I now the inglish langage weller then most poeple.

Why does this keep ringing in my ears? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifThe book must have been later on pressed to its full potential makepoint.gif

For chrissake, would people get off this point already? Borock is many things, but a skilled drafter he is not (although he's a much better writer than half the people here).

Sure there are some keyboard novices here but I can think of many that are far more skilled at writing.

I now the inglish langage weller then most poeple.

That will learn'em. sumo.gif

But can a 5.5 jump to a 9.0 with just a clean and press or did this book also have some "exceptional" defects that were fixed without restoration?

1) Funny Pages V2 #11 - CGC 5.5 - Serial No. 0059057003

2) Funny Pages V2 #11 - CGC 9.0 - Serial No. 0090942001

806086004o.jpg

819039309o.jpg

Was there ever any response how this book jumped from a CGC 5.5 to CGC 9.0? I could not locate the answer.

I thought Steve issued a list of the reasons why it was possible. confused-smiley-013.gif

Possible reasons were listed...but the questions still remain. Personally, I wouldn't embrace this jump with anything but a "we screwed up" if I was CGC. It seriously puts their grading and method of operation into question...

And an explanation was never given for the Funny Pages jump...only the Boy...

Jim