• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question .............. Do you know these two ebay'ers?

12 posts in this topic

comicsouljah or comicguy4?

Comicsouljah's stuff definately seems too good to be real. Or does he have what it seems at first look? Good, high quality books that are going to fetch high prices?

I recently bought a comic from comicguy4, and I'm happy with it. *thinks* Actually, I'm pretty darned happy with it. So I'll be disappointed if anyone has a negative or cautionary comment. lol But the thing that nags at me is that overall, his stuff almost seems too good too ............ or perhaps I'm just being overly suspicious. Besides, I figured that if I'm going to post to ask about comicsouljah, then it was a good chance to ask about this guy as well.

So I'm curious what others may have to say.

Comicsouljah's stuff definately seems too good to be real. Or does he have what it seems at first look? Good, high quality books that are going to fetch high prices?

I recently bought a comic from comicguy4, and I'm happy with it. *thinks* Actually, I'm pretty darned happy with it. So I'll be disappointed if anyone has a negative or cautionary comment. lol But the thing that nags at me is that overall, his stuff almost seems too good too ............ or perhaps I'm just being overly suspicious. Besides, I figured that if I'm going to post to ask about comicsouljah, then it was a good chance to ask about this guy as well.

I'm not sure, but I think I bought an FF #3 from comicguy4 that he graded VF/NM. When I got it I thought is was 8.0. I kept it after negotiating a discount. Then I sent it in for grading and a page was missing - got the dreaded green label CGC 8.0. Another customer of his said his copy of Surfer #4 was color touched. Coincidence? I don't know.

He did refund my money after I threatened a chargeback. I think his name is Billy or something like that.

comicsouljah is a solid guy. I've sold to him and bought from him...like ron said...grading is walking the line, but he is honest.

comicguy4? Stay away. I was the one that bought the Surfer #4 and it was a 7.0 that was colour touched to 9.4 tongue.gif He tried to not take the book back and i finally got a refund. I was also gonna bid on that FF #3 and am glad i didn't as i heard the horror story unfold about the missing page...Which book did you buy from him?

Roy.

Comicsouljah is on the up and up...pretty much always exactly one point off on the grading scale, but that's a good result for eBay. And he's easy to deal with. thumbsup2.gif

Comicguy4? Man...don't go near. Overgrades pretty much across the board, and not by one point either, and there's a chance of undisclosed resto. Best have another look at what you bought? confused-smiley-013.gif

comicsouljah is a clean seller with decent FB. I know that I bought one book from him in the past. I can't remember the specifics of his grading, but I know that it was close enough that I left him positive FB. Looking at his current auctions, I don't think his stuff is "too good to be true", I just think that he's doing a little "sell-off", esp on the X-Men. If I was going to bid any real money on his auctions, I would ask for large front and back scans (he says that they are available), but I would in no way assume that it's a scam. Might be a little concerned about resto/trim on the X-Men #1, but that would always be the case on any uncertified book like that.

Don't know a thing about Comicguy4, but from some of his "large scan" links, his grading seems a little loose IMO. He does claim to offer money-back returns, however, and his FB isn't so bad. But, I might just stick to the opinions of people who have actually done business with him.

Interesting replies ............ thanks!

I bought, um...... which one it was. The x-man with Spiderman on the cover. #35? #36? It seems fine to me. Granted the grading was high, but not so high that it bothered me. And the scan was exactly what I bought (unlike my last rip off experience). Crease for crease, in fact. And while I'm certainly not an expert and would probably miss many of the things you guys would pick up, I didn't see anything that made me suspect that it had been restored or trimmed.

However, your opinions are why I asked before I bought more stuff. I couldn't completely rule out that I had gotten a restored book and simply didn't have the knowledge to know. So I wanted to see what other people's experiences were.

As for Comicsouljah, it's good to know he's well respected. What got me was that virtually every x-men that I saw of his last night was 'near mint', so it struck me as odd that he'd have near mint quality of virtually everything ......... you know? BUT I also knew that it was possible that I was being suspicious and he was reputable.

Thanks!!!!!

I've bought a couple slabbed books from comicsouljah. No problems whatsoever. thumbsup2.gif

Does the book look anything like THIS?

He seems to do that a lot. He had my Surfer #4 up for auction as soon as i told him i was returning it...

Okay, it is entirely possible that he does that ............... but I'm not returning mine and I haven't told him that I was.

That's not to say that I don't appreciate the feedback and concern. Because I do. All I'm saying is that I think that I got what I paid for. There were flaws and I think the book wasn't exactly the grade advertised. BUT when I went back to the scan and compared it to the book that I had in hand, I had to admit that the flaws were on the scan and I had missed them due to my own inexperience. What I have is a beautiful book (I don't have a scanner or I'd show you; sorry about that). It's not perfect, but on the other hand I didn't think that I was buying 'perfect'. (Couldn't have afforded that book in perfect condition. lol)

However, just because I feel that I got what I paid for once doesn't mean that it would happen again. Which is why I wanted to ask about him. The answers surprised me, but they are what I needed to know. Thanks!

On the other hand, it's good to know about the other guy. It's always nice to know who are good sellers as well as those that have had difficulties in the past.

I looked through my feedbacks left for comicsouljah and comicguy4. I haven't had any transactions with comicsouljah, but did leave the following feedback for comicguy4 on March 22, 04:

Super transaction, Quick shipping and item was as described A +

I can't remember exactly what I bought as I don't have the paperwork handy but I can be fairly certain it was a 9.8 CGC slabbed book as this is what I was buying up at the time. I don't know how his raw grades pan out, however.