• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will Heritage Start to Run Out of Steam?

58 posts in this topic

I haven't been too impressed with the previous auctions over the past 6 months, too much junk or so-so books.

confused.gif

I was referring to the selection of SA books lately. I think auctions earlier in 2005 have had a better selection of the popular Marvel titles than of late.

Okay. I barely noticed. The GA selections were insane.

With JP's inventory gone (at least I am assuming it is), will Heritage's future auctions have the same magnitude of material they have in the past? I am not sure if the latest preview items are for the May auction, but if it is, not too impressive.

My guess would be that there will always be a good selection of quality material. JP was far from the only person who had quality books. May is only 4 months away.

I was referring to the selection of SA books lately. I think auctions earlier in 2005 have had a better selection of the popular Marvel titles than of late.

I've never thought much of the SA Marvel selection on Heritage. But that's not surprising. With so many Marvel-centric sites such as eBay, Comiclink, Pedigree, HighGrade, etc., why would any seller want to sell on Heritage and lose such a big chunk to Heritage's fees? I doubt if Heritage reaches many Marvel buyers who don't regularly check these sites out. On the other hand, Heritage seems to reach a lot of incremental GA and SA DC buyers who don't frequent the other sites as much.

I've never thought much of the SA Marvel selection on Heritage. But that's not surprising. With so many Marvel-centric sites such as eBay, Comiclink, Pedigree, HighGrade, etc., why would any seller want to sell on Heritage and lose such a big chunk to Heritage's fees? I doubt if Heritage reaches many Marvel buyers who don't regularly check these sites out. On the other hand, Heritage seems to reach a lot of incremental GA and SA DC buyers who don't frequent the other sites as much.

The selction about a year ago was pretty darn good but you are correct as Comiclink and Pedigree have spectacular book after spectacular book listed now for a long time. First Heritage increases the minimum bid structure and now the fees. I'm looking at their current auction that expires at thend of the month and I don't see how they can make any money with what they have on display.

With the new 19.5% BP I'd say they already are.

I just took a quick look at the Terms and Conditions listed on the Heritage site, and it still says that the buyer's premium for comic auctions is 15%. Other types of auctions are 19.5%:

BUYER’S PREMIUM:

2. On bids placed through Heritage, a Buyer’s Premium of fifteen percent (15%) for Heritage Numismatic Auctions Inc, Heritage-CAA, and Heritage Comics Auctions and Heritage Movie Posters or nineteen and one-half percent (19.5%) for Heritage Sports Collectibles, Heritage Music & Entertainment Memorabilia, Heritage Art Auctions, Heritage Americana and Heritage Galleries & Auctioneers of the hammer price will be added to the successful bid. If the bid is placed through eBay Live a Buyer’s Premium equal to the normal Buyer’s Premium plus an additional five percent (5%) of the hammer price will be added to the successful bid up to a maximum Buyer’s Premium of Twenty Two and one-half percent (22.5%). There is a minimum Buyer’s Premium of $9.00 per lot.

This looks pretty clear to me. But if I am looking at the wrong information, let me know.

I just took a quick look at the Terms and Conditions listed on the Heritage site, and it still says that the buyer's premium for comic auctions is 15%. Other types of auctions are 19.5%:

BUYER’S PREMIUM:

2. On bids placed through Heritage, a Buyer’s Premium of fifteen percent (15%) for Heritage Numismatic Auctions Inc, Heritage-CAA, and Heritage Comics Auctions and Heritage Movie Posters or nineteen and one-half percent (19.5%) for Heritage Sports Collectibles, Heritage Music & Entertainment Memorabilia, Heritage Art Auctions, Heritage Americana and Heritage Galleries & Auctioneers of the hammer price will be added to the successful bid. If the bid is placed through eBay Live a Buyer’s Premium equal to the normal Buyer’s Premium plus an additional five percent (5%) of the hammer price will be added to the successful bid up to a maximum Buyer’s Premium of Twenty Two and one-half percent (22.5%). There is a minimum Buyer’s Premium of $9.00 per lot.

This looks pretty clear to me. But if I am looking at the wrong information, let me know.

Reading the fine print! What are you, a lawyer? poke2.gif

Reading the fine print! What are you, a lawyer? poke2.gif

Hey! There's no need for name calling!!! 893naughty-thumb.gif

flowerred.gif RHG

BUYER’S PREMIUM:

I see no evidence that their policy has changed either. So unless Metro (which created the 19.5% thread) has some inside knowledge that we do not have (and I am e-mail Heritage management to inquire), they are mistaken and misreading the above. sumo.gif

I am starting to see some more interesting stuff show up for the May auction, but still no major key.

No Nedors yet, but a nice 6.0 copy of Action #37.

And another high-grade Superman #2(a paltry 8.0 this time).

And another high-grade Superman #2(a paltry 8.0 this time).

Wow. Another one.

Wonder if it will get more than the $15,500 I got for mine (bought from Heritage months earlier for $11,500) last year?

Might be the same copy. No images up yet for that book, but the page quality is the same as yours.

BUYER’S PREMIUM:

I see no evidence that their policy has changed either. So unless Metro (which created the 19.5% thread) has some inside knowledge that we do not have (and I am e-mail Heritage management to inquire), they are mistaken and misreading the above. sumo.gif

Someone else posted in the Metro thread that the preview for the next auction shows the 19.5% buyer's premium. I did check one of the upcoming auctions and it did (at least a few days ago) show the 19.5% premium. confused-smiley-013.gif