• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Golden Age Prices – What’s The Future?

76 posts in this topic

Page quality is the overall most important factor for me when choosing a book and when I have a choice. I read my books and I want my books to last. I'd rather have a vg with white pages than a f/vf with tan pages. I don't buy my books with the intention of a quick flip or for the purpose of slabbing.

Page quality and the color of the interior covers is critical for me. Given what I have seen with CGC grading, I would be very nervous going below OW/W.

Even on Golden Age? I would think that would make it very difficult to find many books. I'm fine with cream or better.

Cream is still a pretty decent PQ provided of course it's supple. Tanning on the inside of a cover is a big concern for me also. I see too many high grade CGC books with sunshadows and tanning on the cover and you just kmow that area is weak.

Now that I've got a few GA purchases under my belt, I'm finding that page quality is important to me.

I enjoyed reading my Vault of Horror #26 (OWW pages) much more than the two Batman comics I have (cream pages). So it's going to be something I focus on with future acquisitions.

Personally, I find it amazing that a 50-60 year old comic can still have OWW or White pages. But they are out there.

That copy looks like it may be from the Nova Scotia pedigree. It has the tell-tale "M" on the cover.

really ?? I didn't know that.. I bought this from Bechara Maalouf at Chicago Con and I think he said it was part of a fairly large (20 or so) GA collection that he had acquired, so I don't think it would be the Nova Scotia..

thanks for the comments on my book guys, it's got some printer creases and then the pencil mark "M", but I love it, especially with the white pages.

I'd like to get a new holder for it since it's cracked at the top, and the front is kinda scratched up...

Hey Dude, or The Dude, or is it Duderino, or ...?

Seriously, a really nice book - congrats! headbang.gif

Bechara picked up that collection (probably more like 35 books) and it contained books like a Superman #2 in G+ and a gorgeous Detective #70 that looks like an easy VF (but was given a 7.0 by CGC). I would confirm with him that your book was part of that no-name collection, as Bechara has blonde roots and often acts very blonde by spacing out when dealing. I wouldn't bet heavily on this, but it could be that he mistakenly told you your book is part of that no-name collection when in fact, it may be the NS copy.

If you don't have his contact information, we're friends and I can easily confirm this for you, if you'd like.

a gorgeous Detective #70 that looks like an easy VF (but was given a 7.0 by CGC).

Do we know where this comic is? popcorn.gif

when I saw him at Mid-Ohio Con in late Nov. he still had it, if your interested PM me and I can give you his contact info, it really is a great looking copy...

hey Learnedhand, thanks for the info, so what your saying is that my book could posibly be from the Nova Scotia collection and Bechara mistakenly told me it was from that other no name collection ???

does anyone have a scan of any other Nova Scotia book for comparison ??

I already have Bechara's contact info so I may just call him up and see what the deal is confused-smiley-013.gif

does anyone have a scan of any other Nova Scotia book for comparison ??

Here is one:

1090023-MoreFun57%28NS%29%282%29.jpg

cool.gif Need to tuck in your shirt there, sonny.

Seriously, that is so nice it hurts!