• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Metropolis email regarding consignments.

90 posts in this topic

They seem to sell alot of Gold so obviously there is demand (especially for the major heros... Superman, Batman, Captain America).

It's just that not every collector has the sophisticated taste or the pocketbook to collect Gold. poke2.gif

...yeah,..I can't possibly own enuff badly drawn books with bright yellow covers,... smirk.gif

Badly drawn my @ss!

det1.4995a.jpg

What is Metro's target date for when they will start responding to email inquiries? confused-smiley-013.gif

I suspect once they implement their email response system things will really pick up! foreheadslap.gif

I made an offer on a book yesterday. I have never done business with Metro before. I wonder how long before I can expect a reply?

I made an offer on a book yesterday. I have never done business with Metro before. I wonder how long before I can expect a reply?

In about a week, you will receive a reply stating that Metropolis is not fielding offers for any of the books for which you have made an offer using their "make an offer" button and e-mail system.

What exactly the point is of this offer "option", I haven't a clue.

In about a week, you will receive a reply stating that Metropolis is not fielding offers for any of the books for which you have made an offer using their "make an offer" button and e-mail system.

I have never heard of anybody getting their offer accepted by Metroplis. I am tempted to put in offer for $1.00 less than the listed price to see what happens. I like Metropolis but the offer option is just a waste of time.

Metropolis is a "Black Hole" in the Universe in my book. I've yet to figure out "HOW" they make money?? They have the WORST customer service in the Business. I don't understand, because Vinny seems to be the kind of guy you'd want to setup with your sister with. I've never had a problem with him..... but when you're calling in to get information on a particular book.... and GOD FORBID if you want a scan !! HOW DARE YOU !!!! They make you feel like you just Peed in their Cheerios !! Whats up with that?? Better yet, "WHO" are their customers?? I've yet to meet one! confused-smiley-013.gif I know quite a few High Grade Collectors that refuse to deal with them.... for all the same reasons. I had a RULE that I'd never go to their www (world wide wait) website again, and after several RUDE experiences I've had with them. However, being the SUCKER for High Grade Spideys that I am, I couldn't resist the temptation after seeing that recent list of High Grade Spideys they got (or did they?)... nonetheless, I dialed the number and punched in Extenstion #10..... Man O Man was that a mistake !! I thought for a second it was the "Soup Nazi" from Seinfeld !! That is one BITTER individual !! He told me to call back another time....... OK ??? Lets see, I have $25,000 Cash ready to invest in more books, and I get the Call Back another time routine. Hmmm.. So again, after striking out the first time, decided to swing the Fat Albert bat the next day! I put my best foot forward and Fed Myself to the Bear again........ this time he actually wrote down the 10 books I was interested in....... said he'd get back to me...... Did I hear back from him !! Not on your Life ! Maybe I'm just small potatoes in thier book........ however, several of the books I Inquired about were over 5K each.... Oh Well ! I'll NEVER do business with Metropolis....... nor will I ever call them when they get a collection in. It's not worth the Abuse ! 893naughty-thumb.gif

EVERY dealer has Silver and Bronze. You can walk down the street and trip over Silver and Bronze.

That's great...now go over to my registry sets, and tell me where I can trip over HG BA issues I need to complete my sets.... yeahok.gif

How many times a day do you have to say that in order to fill your quota? poke2.gif

Don't forget, though--they will offer free shipping! yeahok.gif

I have never heard of anybody getting their offer accepted by Metroplis. I am tempted to put in offer for $1.00 less than the listed price to see what happens. I like Metropolis but the offer option is just a waste of time.

once i get $15 on a $500 book, Ed is no more at Metro ?

the problem with Metro is they can't give you answer (Ed)

i phones last year to know why they were selling a TTa in vf (cbgp $145) for $200 ?

he said "$200 is the price, that's all ... makepoint.gif

i ask why ? is it because you can't find it easily in vf and up ?

he didn't know and couldn't do anything on that one frustrated.gif

EVERY dealer has Silver and Bronze. You can walk down the street and trip over Silver and Bronze.

That's great...now go over to my registry sets, and tell me where I can trip over HG BA issues I need to complete my sets.... yeahok.gif

I didn't say in HG. Why all this fixation on high grade? poke2.gif

You know, I haven't experience this. If the book is over $500 dollars they don't seem to have a problem with scans. I will be honest, though. I dealt with Ed to handle issues related to paying for the book and Vince with disputes on grade. I have not used their best offer feature. Also, when Ed was there, he could be a touch gruff and short. He was polite however so, I took that into account.

Metropolis is a "Black Hole" in the Universe in my book. I've yet to figure out "HOW" they make money?? They have the WORST customer service in the Business. I don't understand, because Vinny seems to be the kind of guy you'd want to setup with your sister with. I've never had a problem with him..... but when you're calling in to get information on a particular book.... and GOD FORBID if you want a scan !! HOW DARE YOU !!!! They make you feel like you just Peed in their Cheerios !! Whats up with that?? Better yet, "WHO" are their customers?? I've yet to meet one! confused-smiley-013.gif I know quite a few High Grade Collectors that refuse to deal with them.... for all the same reasons. I had a RULE that I'd never go to their www (world wide wait) website again, and after several RUDE experiences I've had with them. However, being the SUCKER for High Grade Spideys that I am, I couldn't resist the temptation after seeing that recent list of High Grade Spideys they got (or did they?)... nonetheless, I dialed the number and punched in Extenstion #10..... Man O Man was that a mistake !! I thought for a second it was the "Soup Nazi" from Seinfeld !! That is one BITTER individual !! He told me to call back another time....... OK ??? Lets see, I have $25,000 Cash ready to invest in more books, and I get the Call Back another time routine. Hmmm.. So again, after striking out the first time, decided to swing the Fat Albert bat the next day! I put my best foot forward and Fed Myself to the Bear again........ this time he actually wrote down the 10 books I was interested in....... said he'd get back to me...... Did I hear back from him !! Not on your Life ! Maybe I'm just small potatoes in thier book........ however, several of the books I Inquired about were over 5K each.... Oh Well ! I'll NEVER do business with Metropolis....... nor will I ever call them when they get a collection in. It's not worth the Abuse ! 893naughty-thumb.gif

Where's Beaumonts when you need him? confused.gif