• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Signature Thread
9 9

7,960 posts in this topic

There is only one signed SS book for him, so I would guess no he does not...unfortunately.

To the best of my knowledge, King will not even sign these books for fans. He only signed one, and it was for someone who had a close connection to him. Other people have said he simply declines when asked.

Edited by WordSlinger

I had a Dark Tower book sitting directly in front of him at his table at a public signing in 2009. I asked and he turned me down flat (although he was polite about it).

I dont get why he wont sign the comics? He has no problem signing his novels and when he does he must know they go up in value. So whats the big difference?

I dont get why he wont sign the comics? He has no problem signing his novels and when he does he must know they go up in value. So whats the big difference?

+1.

Anyone know why?

I could be mistaken but I believe when Mr. King is generally doing a public signing, he only signs the book he is currently promoting; at least in my experiences with him.

When he appeared in Toronto a little whiles back he was promoting 'Under the Dome' and had copies of the book pre-signed for people to auction/raffle for.

My first Sig Series purchase, but definitely not my last. Just bought it today..............

Congrats on your first ss, excellent choice, and wonderful book, [thumbsup] welcome to the yellow fever

I could be mistaken but I believe when Mr. King is generally doing a public signing, he only signs the book he is currently promoting; at least in my experiences with him.

When he appeared in Toronto a little whiles back he was promoting 'Under the Dome' and had copies of the book pre-signed for people to auction/raffle for.

I lose a lot of respect for people like that. We have bought many if not all of his books before his newest...why would you do that to your repeat customers? I would probably have to be led away by security if I went through all the trouble to go see him after years of buying his product only to have him pick and choose which book he was going to sign. Just seems a little low to do to your fans.

I lose a lot of respect for people like that. We have bought many if not all of his books before his newest...why would you do that to your repeat customers? I would probably have to be led away by security if I went through all the trouble to go see him after years of buying his product only to have him pick and choose which book he was going to sign. Just seems a little low to do to your fans.

Depending on the situation when a writer does a signing at say Borders or Barnes & Noble it's dependent on the store policy as to whether or not items not purchased at the store are able to be signed. On occasion you can sneak one in under the radar. This doesn't seem to be the case with King though. It almost seems like he just doesn't want to sign comics for whatever reason.