• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman/Batman series

35 posts in this topic

Anyone read this series? Is it worth picking up??

Thanks for comments...I will pick up the series!!

Definitely pick up the trades. The arc with Michael Turner drawing is one of the best!!

Thats why I picked up this.... cloud9.gif

sssupbat109.6.jpg

Definitely pick up the trades. The arc with Michael Turner drawing is one of the best!!

Kinda off topic, but Michael Turner came over here for the last convention in Sept 2005 and he was charging $250.00 for a full sketch and $50.00 for a head shot 893whatthe.gif

Love the McGuinness arc's - great stuff, looking forward to Loeb wrapping up his story lines and then seeing what the new writer can come up with 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Kinda off topic, but Michael Turner came over here for the last convention in Sept 2005 and he was charging $250.00 for a full sketch and $50.00 for a head shot 893whatthe.gif

That seems in line with his popularity. I was looking into buying a page from the Supes/Bats arc in Philly. Extremely expensive. On Jim Lee level. It was gorgeous stuff though. Pencils only.

I could not justify the cost to myself. Also, they (Aspen) weren't discounting.

I think the arc with the Maximums was great fun, totally insane, with Batzarro and Bizarro, tons of alternate versions of Bats and Supes. I've always loved when Marvel and DC take shots at one another by introducing alternate versions of the others heroes in their books, just good ole fun stuff.