• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Newbie saying hello with Pics!

65 posts in this topic

This is what I love most about these boards... people sharing their collections.

Welcome, Chad.

I'll jump in here also...been lurking for awhile....the daughter moved out recently, and I now have a whole second floor bedroom that I have made into a childhood fantasy of mine....A "comic book room" smirk.gif.... I have gone to the trash areas of borders book store, supermarkets,. etc. and have accumulated a bunch of tabloid racks, magazine racks,. etc 893naughty-thumb.gif. I also have the revolveing wire rack that I purchased my first comic book on, thirty five years ago...!!!

Myself, I have been collecting since a child of 5-6, still have almost everything I ever bought, although alot of the older stuff that I purchased off the rack is beaten pretty good, I bought'em and read'em, over and over again !!.

I just recently discovered ebay, and I have been filling in alot of the holes in my collection, as there were several periods of time where I was not buying. ( Just reading at Waldenbooks 893naughty-thumb.gif)

I will get my son to show me how to post some photos....and although it is not a completely hi-grade collection, it is quite an impressive display......... I "get off" yay.gifgrin.gif every time I walk through it !!!!!!

Will post pics in a few days....

Bump

This is what I love most about these boards... people sharing their collections.

Welcome, Chad.

I'll jump in here also...been lurking for awhile....the daughter moved out recently, and I now have a whole second floor bedroom that I have made into a childhood fantasy of mine....A "comic book room" smirk.gif.... I have gone to the trash areas of borders book store, supermarkets,. etc. and have accumulated a bunch of tabloid racks, magazine racks,. etc 893naughty-thumb.gif. I also have the revolveing wire rack that I purchased my first comic book on, thirty five years ago...!!!

Myself, I have been collecting since a child of 5-6, still have almost everything I ever bought, although alot of the older stuff that I purchased off the rack is beaten pretty good, I bought'em and read'em, over and over again !!.

I just recently discovered ebay, and I have been filling in alot of the holes in my collection, as there were several periods of time where I was not buying. ( Just reading at Waldenbooks 893naughty-thumb.gif)

I will get my son to show me how to post some photos....and although it is not a completely hi-grade collection, it is quite an impressive display......... I "get off" yay.gifgrin.gif every time I walk through it !!!!!!

Will post pics in a few days....

Bump

Sounds cool. Look forward to your pics. I remember buying my first Groo Comic at Waldenbooks. Used to go there all the time at the Mall and scout their comic rack.

Nice Strange Tales #110s... love that comic!

Thanks.

I had been looking and looking locally for a long time, then within 6 months two pop up outta nowhere that I picked up for steals.

I appreciate all the kind words from you guys.

It's nice to know my collection is appreciated by more than myself cause we all have some friends that look at us like we're insane for the money we spend on comics.

Also, would someone be kind enough to open the pic on page two (I think) of my CGC books. I haven't made time to figure out how to do it yet. screwy.gif