• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The New Uncanny Line-up

14 posts in this topic

From Newsarama:

Newsarama: So Ed, now with the image on display, can you tell all who your's and Billy Tan’s full line-up is when your run begins this summer?

Ed Brubaker: Sort of, mostly. It'll be Nightcrawler, Marvel Girl, Havok, Warpath, Professor X, Polaris, and a character I can't mention yet or I'll spoil the end of Deadly Genesis .

NRAMA: Now you previously mentioned some characters being on the team that aren't necessarily in the cover image..?

EB: Yeah, just one, though, and I'm not saying who it is. Seriously…

NRAMA: All right, we’re easy… Can you maybe talk about each revealed character, why you choose them, and/or just a few thoughts on each?

EB: Really, it's about the story I'll be telling, and how all of these characters made sense within it. They each have a specific reason for being part of this team, basically, for the mission they're going on, which is a wild one, and a long one.

As you can see from the preview image, we'll be dealing with the Shi'ar Empire and the Starjammers, and with Vulcan - the 3rd Summers brother and villain of Deadly Genesis.

So, because of that, it's obvious why Xavier will be part of this story, at least as it goes along.

He's got strong ties to the secrets of Deadly Genesis and to the Shi'ar, and through this story, we'll be following his progression after “Danger”, and House of M, and finally Deadly Genesis.

He's gone through a lot in the past few years, and he's got a lot to make up for.

Nightcrawler is here because he's a team leader, he's got experience with this kind of interstellar action, and because he sympathizes with Professor X, maybe more than the other X-Men do. He's a very forgiving and understanding character. And he's a lot of fun to write.

Marvel Girl has her own issues with the Shi'ar to deal with, obviously, and left over stuff from Deadly Genesis to take care of.

Havok is going along because he's Vulcan's brother, and Corsair's son, and he has to go, while Scott has to stay and run the X-Men, basically. So, it's almost like his duty.

Warpath is part of this as a favor to Xavier, sort of. He's got a lot of similar history to Vulcan, and old anger that he got over, and Xavier hopes that will be an asset in correcting his old mistakes, basically.

And again, because he's a cool character that no one's used in a while, and I like him.

Link to rest of interview and cover art

Vulcan - the 3rd Summers brother and villain of Deadly Genesis.

Wow, I can't believe that I was right in guessing he was Scott and Alex's brother. I'm sure I wasn't the only one. But he's with the X-Men after DG? That really blows.

.annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd ........................Vulcan.

yes, not the most orginal name he could have come up with yeahok.gif

Vulcan/Cyclops... they've got a theme going there. A crappy theme, but a theme nonetheless.

Vulcan/Cyclops... they've got a theme going there. A crappy theme, but a theme nonetheless.

yeah, I suppose so. BUT I have to say I'm a big fan of Brubaker so I'm going to pick up Uncanny and hope 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Ares...paging Ares....

and just wait til cousin Perseus comes to town!!

Now it's sounding like a Dukes of Hazzard episode..........

X-Men Deadly Genesis Spoiler Warning!!

Okay issue #4 of x-men:DG introduces a character that supposedly adapts to any kind of threat...by definition of that power he should still be alive. He might be in the new lineup.....plus he kinda looks like morph.

yah....when i saw this the other day, i wasn't that impressed...

i like Nightcrawler and have always thought Warpath was cool...but on the whole, the team doesn't inspire me.

does this mean Polaris will get her powers back?

hopefully some sanity too....she's irritating.

You know, I'd love to see a period of time that it wasn't about both Havok and Polaris. I think they are fantastic characters. But it's always about their relationship and that's pretty much the only character development since their inception.

Same with Havok. If it's not Polaris, it's about Cyclops. Let's see something else. Build these characters up.

I would have preferred to see one of the other in this line-up. I'm afraid we will see the same baloney relationship thing we are used to seeing.

Pat