• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: The best TV show nobody watched

170 posts in this topic

"Dead Like Me' on showtime

"Twin Peaks" so freakin' weird it rocked

"Farscape" one of the best sci-fi shows on the sci-fi channel, too bad it was canceled

Great list! I'd like to add "Sledgehammer" and "Police squad" (which lead to the naked gun movies).

My copy of the Police Squad TV show dvd should arrive shortly. Just came out in the last couple weeks!

frown.gif Arrested Development. Far too quick and smart for the masses. The Bluth family can still be caught on the G4 network and their DVD box sets. Good news is that the rights for the animated "Mr. Banana Grabber" character may still be out there..... confused-smiley-013.gif

yay.gifChris

Keen Eddie was pretty good.

Someone has already mentioned PROFIT, so I'll go with:

EZ STREETS-- only lasted a few episodes but gritty-as-hell. By Paul Haggis and light years better than that overrated p.o.s CRASH.

ROBBERY HOMICIDE DIVISION-- IMHO, Michael Mann's best TV show. Like a mini-version of HEAT every week.

I'll second whoever said "The Master" (the ninja show from the 1980s).

That was some cheesy stuff. I remember when they panned it on MST3K. 27_laughing.gif

The Master Intro

I liked the two Wall Street shows that made it to network prime time, "The $treet" and "Bull", which both had the misfortune of being launched right as the 1990s stock market mania was ending. foreheadslap.gif

I watched two episodes of Bull starring Stanley Tucci when I was on business trips in Auburn Hills. It was really quite good. Much better than "The $treet" (even though that show had Jennifer Connelly cloud9.gif).

I'd buy the show on DVD if it were available.

someone may have mentioned this one. for the life of me i can't remember the name.

it was a show that was set in the late 70's early 80's. the guy that plays green goblins son

in the spiderman movie was in it. it took place in high school.

anyways good show. but no one watched it and it was canceled

someone may have mentioned this one. for the life of me i can't remember the name.

it was a show that was set in the late 70's early 80's. the guy that plays green goblins son

The only one I can think of is the oft-mentioned Freaks and Geeks.

The only one I can think of is the oft-mentioned Freaks and Geeks.

yup. thats the one. thanks thumbsup2.gif

The BEST TV show ever made, which also happens to be the BEST show that nobody ever watched is:

Homicide: Life on the Streets. Period.

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

No doubt. Every episode had a better -script and better performances than most big budget movies. This show was truly "art."

It did okay in the ratings but was never a monster hit. I suspect that this is the case because the show was gritty, disturbing and rarely had neat, happy endings. In fact, the show was a case study how the "homicides" and the "life on the street" of a homicide detective essentially destroyed almost every major character over the run of the series. They were all consumed by the overpowering force of depair, injustice and hopelessness.

The BEST TV show ever made, which also happens to be the BEST show that nobody ever watched is:

Homicide: Life on the Streets. Period.

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

No doubt. Every episode had a better -script and better performances than most big budget movies. This show was truly "art."

It did okay in the ratings but was never a monster hit. I suspect that this is the case because the show was gritty, disturbing and rarely had neat, happy endings. In fact, the show was a case study how the "homicides" and the "life on the street" of a homicide detective essentially destroyed almost every major character over the run of the series. They were all consumed by the overpowering force of depair, injustice and hopelessness.

If you liked Homicide, you'll love "The Wire" on HBO. By far the best show on TV now, nothing else is even close. thumbsup2.gif

"Dead Like Me' on showtime

"Twin Peaks" so freakin' weird it rocked

"Farscape" one of the best sci-fi shows on the sci-fi channel, too bad it was canceled

Great list! I'd like to add "Sledgehammer" and "Police squad" (which lead to the naked gun movies).

I'm glad someone mentioned Police Squad.

Six total episodes. frown.gif