• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: The best TV show nobody watched

170 posts in this topic

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The BEST TV show ever made, which also happens to be the BEST show that nobody ever watched is:

Homicide: Life on the Streets. Period.

No doubt. Every episode had a better -script and better performances than most big budget movies. This show was truly "art."

It did okay in the ratings but was never a monster hit. I suspect that this is the case because the show was gritty, disturbing and rarely had neat, happy endings. In fact, the show was a case study how the "homicides" and the "life on the street" of a homicide detective essentially destroyed almost every major character over the run of the series. They were all consumed by the overpowering force of depair, injustice and hopelessness.

If you liked Homicide, you'll love "The Wire" on HBO. By far the best show on TV now, nothing else is even close.

I've been wanting to get The Wire DVD set for a while. David Simon is one of the creative forces behind the show. He was a writer and producer on Homicide and he wrote the book that Homicide was based on.

If you liked Homicide, you'll love "The Wire" on HBO. By far the best show on TV now, nothing else is even close. thumbsup2.gif

I'll check it out! thumbsup2.gif

BTW, I thought The Shield was the best show on TV now. tongue.gif

I strongly suggest you don't jump into The Wire with the current episode, as you'll have no idea what's going on. There are plot threads entwined with plot threads entwined with plot threads. Go and get the Season 1, 2, and 3 on DVD and watch them straight through. Note that the show was cancelled after Season 3, and then HBO brought it back after fans went ballistic for the last two seasons. thumbsup2.gif