• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: The best TV show nobody watched

170 posts in this topic

The 1970 British TV show "UFO", created by Gerry & Sylvia Anderson, who previously created the "Supermarionation" puppet TV series in the 1960's (THUNDERBIRDS, FIREBALL XL-5, etc.), and would later create SPACE: 1999.

It only ran 1 season, 26 episodes. But it ROCKED.

Strange Report......a british import starring Anthony Quayle as an investigator of strange phenomena......kind of an early X-Files. Late 60's? I barely remember it, I just remember it was pretty good.

Here...found an image.....

B000260QX8.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Speaking of interesting, does anybody remember Paperboy with Chris Elliot?

You mean "Get A Life"? One of the greatest, most awful shows ever. cloud9.gif

Exactly thumbsup2.gif Thanks for the correction.

What about Max Headroom?

Freaks and Geeks. Great show, with the same writer as The 40 Year Old Virgin. Cancelled after one season. mad.gif

I agree 100%....there were even two or three episodes on the DVD that were never aired...all brilliant. How can you not like a series that ends with a Grateful Dead song

confused-smiley-013.gif

Oh and when I was a kid I liked a show called "Automan"....saw the series once and then never again. Would love to see it again

Not only do I agree with Freaks and Geek 100%, but I JUST WATCHED that very episode again TODAY! ("Discos and Dragons") cloud9.gif

Does anyone remember a short lived sit-com from the 80's called "IT'S YOUR MOVE"??? If memory serves correct, it starred Jason Bateman & the guy who played the first husband of Marcy Darcy in Married w/Children.

I was probably in 6th grade when this was on, and I don't think it even made it one whole season before it was yanked. I remember being really let down when I went to watch it on its scheduled night to see the conclusion of the two part "Dregs of Humanity" rock group episodes & it was simply not aired.

Don't know if I'd even like it today, but back then the practical jokes & one upmanship were great stuff for a young guy to enjoy.

"We are the Dregs!"

"Yeah!"

headbang.gif

Damn, I thought I was the only one who remembered that show! Come to think of it, more than two decades later I *still* wonder sometimes, "Whatever happened to that stupid 'Dregs of Humanity' plot line?"

Freaks and Geeks. Great show, with the same writer as The 40 Year Old Virgin. Cancelled after one season. mad.gif

I agree 100%....there were even two or three episodes on the DVD that were never aired...all brilliant. How can you not like a series that ends with a Grateful Dead song

confused-smiley-013.gif

Oh and when I was a kid I liked a show called "Automan"....saw the series once and then never again. Would love to see it again

Not only do I agree with Freaks and Geek 100%, but I JUST WATCHED that very episode again TODAY! ("Discos and Dragons") cloud9.gif

Did you watch the extras? I remember there being some funny deleted scenes from that episode involving the D&D night.

I vote for Millenium. I think it survived three seasons before getting pulled. Very creepy show starring Mr. Creepy himself Lance Henrickson.

As much as I liked it, very few people that I knew seemed to follow the show at the time, but its developed quite a "cult" following since its demise. I'm sure the executives at Fox were surprised when it actually survived the difficult Friday evening time slot during its first season.

I've got the first two seasons on DVD and it's among my fave shows of all time.

Also, I half-nominate The Lone Gunmen, which ultimately was disappointing. They played if for laughs and it never reached it's "potential". JB01.jpg

I loved the Lone Gunmen, especially the episode where they had the deaf football team. HIlarious.

Here are my choices:

Flash: Ultra cheese but fun to watch. A side note: the lead(John Wesley Shipp) was Dawson's dad on Dawson's Creek(OK I probably shouldn't have said that -- Loved that show) Side note 2: Mark Hamill played one of the Rogues

Invisible Man(Sci-Fi channel) Never missed an episode and the lead was pretty funny.

Next Wave Also one about a guy following the quatrains of Nostradamus to foil an alien invasion. I can't remember the name, but I sometimes watch that on the Sci-Fi marathons during the day. And I do beleive that the great actress Traci Lords entered the show in the last couple of seasons 893whatthe.gif

Loved Farscape, but I think that had a pretty strong following.

And I concur with other forumites on Millenium and Monk(best show on TV)