• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Al Rio's X-Men

20 posts in this topic

This probably could have gone in the "This week in your collection" thread, but I was just too stoked about this one. It's my first Al Rio piece and it has my favorite mutants on it. According to Al's rep Terry this page was done as a portfolio piece for Marvels file on Al Rio.

The question now is if I should get it inked? confused-smiley-013.gif

Xmen-Rio3.jpg

This probably could have gone in the "This week in your collection" thread, but I was just too stoked about this one. It's my first Al Rio piece and it has my favorite mutants on it. According to Al's rep Terry this page was done as a portfolio piece for Marvels file on Al Rio.

Xmen-Rio3.jpg

Only if you can get it inked by Al himself!

I'd get some blue lines made from it and then get those inked. This way you have 2 pieces of art. The original pencils and an inked version. You can't go wrong with that.

This was my first thought as well. It would suck to ruin a nice piece if the inks don't work out.

I'd get some blue lines made from it and then get those inked. This way you have 2 pieces of art. The original pencils and an inked version. You can't go wrong with that.

thumbsup2.gif

Xmen-Rio3.jpg

Only if you can get it inked by Al himself!

couldn't agree more... 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

this baby should be inked by the artist himself...asap!!!

congrats it's a very good page!

flowerred.gif

regards

Thanks to everyone so far. I've already contacted Terry (Al's rep) about inking the piece. I've also requested quotes from Tom Smith (colorist - He colored comix4fun's sweet Bolland "Joker" commission) and Thomas Mason (Al's preferred colorist) about having a colored piece done for it.

Unfortunately I'm not as fantastically wealthy a person as KK so cost is a factor for me. Even so... this page has grabbed me and I'm willing to put out the money to see how it looks both inked and colored. Hopefully I won't have to wait long to put up "upgraded" pieces.

I am hoping to have a custome frame job where I can have the progression of the page done (pencil, ink, color). Cold be fun.

Al Rio has offered to do an inked version of this, but since there are so many characters I think it was more than Apotheosis expected.

Yes, he's kind of pricey - but worth it. He inks his own art better than anyone else.

Terry