• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Trek - Gold Key Set, 1/2 way there !!

18 posts in this topic

Hi all

I broke away from my Conan collecting. Now i`m going for the complete set of Star Trek (Gold Key) 61 comic issue set.

I currently have only 2 comics in VF (#1 CGC 7.5 + #61)

The other 29 are either NM or VF/NM.

I`m really going to try to keep this set in at least VF condition, the first 15 or so comics would truly bleed me dry if i tried to keep a VF/NM or NM track.

(already put together the Star Trek 1980 series 2 - 18 comic set in NM)

Oh well, i`m pumped, but i`m sure that to some of you other collectors this sounds

all pretty weak. Please bear with me.

Your friend, LEE

Good luck on your endeavor. I've been working on completing this run in high grade for about three years now. I'm down to one last book -- #2. Thought I could pick up the 9.4 copy of #2 on Heritage last auction but it went for a way ridiculous price.

By the way, despite what it says in Overstreet, my experience has been that the photo back cover of #1 is far easier to track down than the one with an ad (which I've only seen once). I think the CGC census bears this out as well.

Hi all

I broke away from my Conan collecting. Now i`m going for the complete set of Star Trek (Gold Key) 61 comic issue set.

I currently have only 2 comics in VF (#1 CGC 7.5 + #61)

The other 29 are either NM or VF/NM.

I`m really going to try to keep this set in at least VF condition, the first 15 or so comics would truly bleed me dry if i tried to keep a VF/NM or NM track.

(already put together the Star Trek 1980 series 2 - 18 comic set in NM)

Oh well, i`m pumped, but i`m sure that to some of you other collectors this sounds

all pretty weak. Please bear with me.

Your friend, LEE

I completed the Gold Key run a couple of years ago, it can be a tough run in high grade. It is my second favorite run and I am sure there are quite a few other collectors here who love that run. I probably have quite a few duplicates, if you want, PM me with what issues you need .

Tom

Don't forget the Western promos:

dcst2.jpg

dcst6.jpg

Im surprised Arch hasnt taken these down yet, being the competition and all 893scratchchin-thumb.gif