• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone with any exp. with comickeys?

217 posts in this topic

While Hammer may not be completely vindicated I feel he's given himself a lot more credibility. He has come forth and offered a reasonable explanation for what has been happening. If someone deals with a high quantity of high grade books some percentage will return restored. That's just playing the numbers game in a collectible's market. I'm sure restored books slip through unnoticed for those "high reputation" sellers who have been doing business for years as well.

To be honest, I find that many of the scene imbedded "hi grade" collectors/dealers to be an infantile lot. It doesn't take much for one to trash talk another for politics or business reasons. There's more rumor mongering going on than a sunday afternoon sewing circle. crazy.gif

When I saw Surgeon Richard (or "Little Danny" as they called him in prison for those 90 days) started giving us figures to chew on, I wet myself with glee.

Let's take a look at the stats, shall we class?

At the time that I sold Andrew the Avengers 1, I had approx SIX (6) DIFFERENT Avengers 1 auctioned on Ebay over approx. a 7 week period. All OBVIOUSLY different books by examining staple placement.

Of course, this statement begs the question: "Says who?"

Also, currently, Metropolis has only FOUR copies for sale of Avengers #1. Yet somehow Little Danny managed to have SIX HIGH GRADE copies (oops, at least two of those were restored, silly me) in 7 weeks. (An odd time frame to use - rather exact, don't you think?)

I don't just sell on Ebay.

Approx. 90% of my sales are RAW books

Rather curious, don't you think? At a time when high grade books were getting stupid numbers, Little Danny chose to sell raw books. If he's not the crook most know he is, then he's the dumbest businessman in the hobby.

I've had AT LEAST:

30 or more Spiderman 1

There are 26 high grade restored books on the census.

25 or more AF 15

There are 22 high grade restored books on the census.

I have had, to date, approx. 20 books returned that were found to have restoration.

Sounds like ALOT, doesn't it? 20 books with restoration.

Now, let's look at the actual breakdown:

3650 total books sold X approx. 90% raw = 3285 total books raw

approx 20 books returned with restoration

3285 divided by 20 (or 3285 X .05) = 164.25

ONE book in every 164 has been returned for restoration. That's a RAW unrestored success rate of WELL OVER 99%!!!!!

Can ANY seller on Ebay of predominantly UNSLABBED books claim the same success rate???

Oooooo, sounds impressive, doesn't it? What Little Danny failed to incorporate into his statistics was how many of those books were HIGH GRADE. We're not talking about selling a VG Avengers #26. I certainly hope Little Danny doesn't think we believe he's sold over THREE THOUSAND high grade books.

Now let's look at his "restored books" figure: 20. In the course of two days, FOUR of those books (really five, but let's not use prime numbers) have been accounted for. That's 20%! Out of nearly four thousands books, FOUR of a special TWENTY have bobbed to the surface. I'm not a statistician but I'd like someone to tell me the odds on THAT happening!

Class, please keep in mind that all of Little Danny's dazzling stats have no PROOF to back them up.

What do we have class?

Yes, you in the last row.

CORRECT! We only have Little Danny's word for it.

And what do we know about Little Danny, class?

Yes?

CORRECT AGAIN!

Little Danny chooses to keep all of his feedback PRIVATE.

If I were Little Danny, and I were being accused unjustly, I would lay all the facts on the table and prove to everyone that I wasn't a crook. And the easiest way to do that would be to "unlock" my feedback.

However, if I had several hundred books floating around out there that were restored but unslabbed, I would know that there was no way in the world that I could refund all that money. So the ONLY way to protect myself would be to keep my feedback private.

Additionally, if a sudden flood of books started coming back restored there might be a case for mail fraud, and, after already serving 90 days in jail (and recently finishing 5 years of probation), the court might not look to fondly on this. But of course, this would ONLY be a concern to Hammer if he were Danny Dupcak (aka Carlos Seneca).

So, although Little Danny says he isn't a convicted felon, he's certainly behaving like someone who has something to hide.

And class, I wonder what THAT might be?

...believe it or not, I DON'T DO IT!!!! laugh.gif I've openly praised CGC, PCG, Metropolis, JP, Heritage, Harley, Keith Contarino, Sean Linkenbach, Mark Wilson, Matt Stanley, Jeff Williams and many other top sellers on these Forums. At times, I've stated certain idiosynchroses I've noted, but NEVER indulged with the traditional Comic book dealer bashing and badgering that is so immature yet typical in this hobby. My philosophy is "how can you make up your own mind about a seller if you haven't dealt with him yourself?". That's like deciding that you "LOVE" the Beatles, on appearances alone, although you never heard their music, isn't it?

HooDeeHoo,

You're the fellow that just ran the scam auctions on Ebay as "Great_Comics" aren't you? Your own rambling just gave it away. You made a few statements exactly WORD for WORD with the identical punctuation, that I received in an asinine email from Great_Comics about 3 hours ago. Good! That explains everything about my new Troll.

HooDeeHoo,

You're the fellow that just ran the scam auctions on Ebay as "Great_Comics" aren't you? Your own rambling just gave it away. You made a few statements exactly WORD for WORD with the identical punctuation, that I received in an asinine email from Great_Comics about 3 hours ago. Good! That explains everything about my new Troll.

snore

Little Danny, your desperation is showing.

Oops, wrong tense. It HAS been showing.

I wonder if the Nassau District Attorney's office is suddenly going to get an urge to start buying UNRESTORED high grade comics?

Incidentally, since I've gotten your attention, are you really a surgeon?

So, although Little Danny says he isn't a convicted felon, he's certainly behaving like someone who has something to hide.

HooDeeDoo, I don't know. I think Bogart showed more depth of character in Maltese Falcon but I DO agree that Greenstreet was a very compelling force.

And yes, it was interesting to see Elisha Cook Jr (the gunsel) appearing later in Castle's House On Haunted Hill!

I wonder if the Nassau District Attorney's office is suddenly going to get an urge to start buying UNRESTORED high grade comics?

HooDoo - I THINK blue but it may be more of an aquamarine. But yes, the light source can really make a difference.

Actually, I doubt Steve would vouch for more than a dozen people on this forum... not that he thinks the rest are crooks,

LH,

actually you'd be referring to notch_top who thinks/knows that most of you are criminals. 893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gifstooges.gif

pimpy

Alright......I've stayed out of this thread up until now so everyone could have their say. Now, it's my turn to add some first-hand experience.

Over the last 6 months, I have personally bought over 160 books (163 to be exact) from comic-keys. As I got the books, I would send them to CGC for grading via their walk-thru service. Of those 163 books.......158 came back from CGC with heavy restoration. Do you hear me Hammer/Meth/Danny/Billy/Susy/RoidRon........158 of those books came back restored, you fart stain. You cost me over $16,000 in grading and shipping fees. Not to mention the over $700,000 I spent for the books themselves.

After the 100th book came restored, I vowed not to buy any more books from him. But those sweet, sweet copies kept calling to me like the ancient sirens in a Greek mythology tale. I just couldn't help myself. And what happened when I emailed him for a refund on my books? Well, here are a couple of email responses I got back from him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: xxxxxxxx

Date: 12/6/2002

You want a refund, Tarbash? Keep dreaming. And while your at it, I'll tell you what I dream about. That and far more. I used to LOVE dismantling bugs piece by piece as a child. A habit that I never grew out of. Catch a housefly and make it pay. Just for being a bug. One leg at a time with a tweezer and watch it spin. Then one wing and watch it writhe. Then the other, no more motion but still so much to do. Then the match, blown out but hot, and watch it contort. Then a pause to relish its agony, hoping that it feels the agony that I desire it to. Occasionally, I'd walk away and leave it, still alive. The best choice, not to end the agony.

YOU can be my Bug-punk. My flame-prag. How merrily I'd search you then work you. With a propane blowtorch. The first few hours, grazingly. The final few hours, HARD, the way you like your bulls to work you. Ever see something like that Bug? More fun to do than think about! Burn the skin just right and you can char it off right to the muscle. There's even ways to keep you awake and aware. You know that. You're a Medical detail-bug. You like flaming? Me too! But for real, and up close, there's NOTHING on earth quite like it, Bug.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: xxxxxxxx

Date: 12/17/2002

Now you're threatening to have me sent to prison if I don't refund your money? Go ahead and try it. What would you do in a REAL prison, Tarbash? Whose punk would you be. Would you cry for your mummy? Do you know that I would gladly go to prison if I were able to pop your eyes from your skull and feed them to you for a nice X-Mas meal. First, I'd pop them out, one by one, with a spoon-like object dug sharply into the socket with a twisted scooping motion. Then I'd let them rest on your cheeks, hanging by the optic nerves. How humourous that would be , to see Tarbash getting a different, and final perspective of the world, wimpering like a little pasty-faced girl. I'd want you to be able to still see at least one eye forced in you mouth before I snap the other optic nerve like an elastic. The last thing you'd ever see is my face laughing at you. Yeah, I'd go to jail and have a whole buncha' punks like you to be able to get a X-Mas wish like that!! To bleed your eyes Tarbash. That's MY X-mas wish you punk.

I can tell you right now......I'm going to be a lot more cautious on my future purchases from comic-keys. If I get many more books from him that have restoration, I may just stop doing business with him totally.

This is GREAT!!!! It's like the Old Hammer Film's Witchhunt Movies with Barbara Steele!!! Anyone can say ANYTHING they want. Make ANY accusation.

"I saw the witch fly over my barn"

"He bewitched my entire herd of sheep"

"He turned my brood mares infertile" , etc. etc.

I'm going to sit back with the popcorn (yeah, in desperation 27_laughing.gif ).

• Administrator
Shhh Bug, I'd hate to force Dr. Banner to buy MORE Cliff's Notes.

Hey......I'd place my right hand on a stack of comic books and swear to Thor that every bit of what I wrote is true.

The topic is officially played out.