• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you save your PMs?

35 posts in this topic

I have every PM I've sent and received since I joined the boards. Doesn't seem to slow anything down for me.

Do you go back and read those 4 PMs from time to time to reminisce? poke2.gif

I have every PM I've sent and received since I joined the boards. Doesn't seem to slow anything down for me.

27_laughing.gif

Actually, the performance question is more for Arch. We may not notice much of a problem, but perhaps the server this board resides on may have issues with memory, speed, etc. due to all the saved info.

Hey, it's 6, and I have screen captures of them constantly running as a slide show on my desktop. shy.gif

700 received/664 sent.

I have to delete them every time they get over 900, or my inbox locks up and I can't get in. No idea why, but it's annoying. I have had to delete hundreds of PMs I would have saved otherwise, which is why I have to repeatedly ask people for their addresses even after buying and selling with them a dozen times.

foreheadslap.gif

Actually, the performance question is more for Arch. We may not notice much of a problem, but perhaps the server this board resides on may have issues with memory, speed, etc. due to all the saved info.

Not too long ago was there not a restriction in how many PM's one was allowed to keep?

Was it 500/900? It went over REALLY well as I recall, I have that many related to Secret Santa stuff alone!

Besides,ever since I realized they have access all our PM's. I stopped sending all my top secret, un-encypted spy related stuff in PM's.

Ze-