• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do any of you own "1 and only" top census books??

426 posts in this topic

Sterling, Great looking WH #3. Maybe not the best cover of the run (my vote would have to go to #4 or #10), but still a beauty, especially in 9.8!!! thumbsup2.gif

Here's a book that I've had for a while, but just realized it was top census. Always tough to find in high grade. In fact, it looks to be one of the few HOM's that doesn't have a grade over 9.2. This is just a beautiful copy, although my scanner doesn't do it justice.

HOM205cgc.jpg

Sterling, Great looking WH #3. Maybe not the best cover of the run (my vote would have to go to #4 or #10), but still a beauty, especially in 9.8!!! thumbsup2.gif

Here's a book that I've had for a while, but just realized it was top census. Always tough to find in high grade. In fact, it looks to be one of the few HOM's that doesn't have a grade over 9.2. This is just a beautiful copy, although my scanner doesn't do it justice.

I had a 9.0 (or was it 9.2) but the spine alignment was bad...yours is sweet (and white pages to boot). Yep, I am painfully aware of the fact that 9.2 is top census (my set goal is 9.4 or better...although I may find enough upgrades that I can have a 9.6 or better set)...I've had folks submit their best books only to find out that they are not the "stuff" they thought it was. Who will finally break the 9.2 barrier on this ish? Stay tuned... gossip.gif

avengers178cgc98.jpg

Nice! I have been looking for that book in 9.8 to add to my collection of Beast books. [insert coveting Graemlin here]

Might be available, drop me a line.

yay.gifyay.gif Yes! The world's best [only?] Beast collection takes another step forward.

Nice books!

gossip.gif I covet your Godzillas

Not as much as I covet your Amazing Adventures books hail.gif

I just realized that I never posted these books in this thread. Here you go Scheradon and maybe some day you'll post your G-books...

AmazingAdventures11CGC9.jpgAmazingAdventures14CGC9.jpg

AmazingAdventures15CGC9.jpgAmazingAdventures17CGC9.jpg

Those are some great books, Steve.

That is a nice compliment coming from you Barton. Your books set the standard by which all the rest of us bronze-age collectors are judged.

I usually never post these books without giving credit to some of the CGC Boarders [like you] who have made my little run of AA 11-17 possible so let me correct my oversight and thank you for trading me the AA 14. A thanks goes out to Bronze Bruce for selling me the AA 11 for a reasonable price even though he knew it was my grail and could have gouged me bloody. You and Bruce are good guys.

Steve Lauterbach hooked me up with the AA 15 and Don Rosa gets kudos for taking good care of the AA 17 for more than 30 years.

Nice books!

gossip.gif I covet your Godzillas

Not as much as I covet your Amazing Adventures books hail.gif

I just realized that I never posted these books in this thread. Here you go Scheradon and maybe some day you'll post your G-books...

AmazingAdventures11CGC9.jpgAmazingAdventures14CGC9.jpg

AmazingAdventures15CGC9.jpgAmazingAdventures17CGC9.jpg

Awesome run of books Steve! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I'm working on getting a nice legal sized scanner, so hopefully before too much longer I can get some nice quality scans up of my books.

Modern age but I saw a few earlier posts... #4 was the one and only until the middle of last May. I have a Canon scanner that doesn't focus properly on CGCs so the camera is a must for pics.

bone4cgc960118552002.jpg