• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do any of you own "1 and only" top census books??

426 posts in this topic

1 of 1: CGC 9.4 Tomahawk # 130 WP (not the greatest Adams Tomahawk cover, but very tough in grade)

I dunno, I kinda like that one more than most of his Tomahawks (like 117-119 and 126-129). 116 and 125 are my faves. 130 might be my third favorite now that I think about it... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Regarding top graded comics....What is everyones opinion regarding collectability of top graded books? Is a book like Daredevil #167(just a random example, let's assume this is not a huge collectible book) with a gazillion 9.8's and 9.6's, a better long term investment then let's say, an Adventures on the Planet of the Apes #6, with no 9.8's and only seven 9.6's? I understand that a major collectible book will always be desireable, even if there are a lot of high grade books out there( Just look at Giant Size X-Men #1, as a good example) It seems to me that most top books would already have been sent to CGC, and that the numbers shouldn't go up much more on most titles. Any thoughts? Thanks.

I have some that are tied for top spot. The only two that I am positive about being one of ones are Avengers 147 (30 cent variant) in 9.4 and Spoof #5 (Don Rosa) in 9.8

I picked up an almost complete run of Mod Wheels from jscomics.

They are the Gold Key file copies from the Random House archives.

jscomics graded most at 9.6 and others at 9.4

If I slabbed them they'd either rule or tie for the top spot.

I'm talking about major ownage for the entire run.

But, jeez, it's Mod Wheels, fer chrissakes.

Where's the bragging rights in that?

One and Only Highest Graded Copy:

XMen79cgc96OWW.JPG

And I'm no longer the current owner, just the lucky SOB who sold it for $2,600 via Pedigree. thumbsup2.gif

JTMF;

Wow, with a price like that, somebody should start a separate thread on this as it's certainly worthy of one by itself. 27_laughing.gif

We certainly wouldn't wnat this outstanding sale to go unnoticed and be buried in the middle of this thread. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

One and Only Highest Graded Copy:

XMen79cgc96OWW.JPG

And I'm no longer the current owner, just the lucky SOB who sold it for $2,600 via Pedigree. thumbsup2.gif

JTMF;

Wow, with a price like that, somebody should start a separate thread on this as it's certainly worthy of one by itself. 27_laughing.gif

We certainly wouldn't wnat this outstanding sale to go unnoticed and be buried in the middle of this thread. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Alright, alright, you got me. I'll shut up now. tonofbricks.gif

I started this thread with my "1 and only" top census Phantom Stranger #4 CGC 9.2 that soon became the "1 and only" CGC 9.2 with a 9.4 and 9.6 graded higher frown.gif I still consider it a very tough book in ultra high grade with a cool Adams cover although I have subsequently sold it for a nice price.

I started this thread with my "1 and only" top census Phantom Stranger #4 CGC 9.2 that soon became the "1 and only" CGC 9.2 with a 9.4 and 9.6 graded higher frown.gif I still consider it a very tough book in ultra high grade with a cool Adams cover although I have subsequently sold it for a nice price.

Well, such is the nature of "1 and only" top census books in the BA world.