• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,349 posts in this topic

Geez Billy, I feel like I'm on another planet looking at that incredible Venus run <swoon>.

Of course, if what I hear about your collection is true, you can totally blow us away with additional group shots... poke2.gif

STEVE

I've been coaxing him to climb up to his loft library and take a shot from up there of some of the big runs! He'd have to get that high to get them all in one picture! Hopefully this is just the first in a series of pictures. I've looked through his collection many times, but never spread them all out on the floor and gawked.

you go, girls!

the coaxing is stating to work!!!

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gifhail.gifhail.gif

you're good at the coax, sucker.

Geez Billy, I feel like I'm on another planet looking at that incredible Venus run <swoon>.

Of course, if what I hear about your collection is true, you can totally blow us away with additional group shots... poke2.gif

STEVE

I've been coaxing him to climb up to his loft library and take a shot from up there of some of the big runs! He'd have to get that high to get them all in one picture! Hopefully this is just the first in a series of pictures. I've looked through his collection many times, but never spread them all out on the floor and gawked.

you go, girls!

the coaxing is stating to work!!!

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gifhail.gifhail.gif

you're good at the coax, sucker.

Takes one to know one..nyaahh..nyaahh

(Brilliant comeback eh?)

Very awesome comic grouping!!

Yes it is, Ryan - adamstrange has one of the best set of Eyes in the hobby and he Sees the best qualities in the best books.

I've been off celebrating my 20th Wedding Anniversary (hubba, hubba) and getting ready for Xmas, but here's a group shot (sorry for the flash burn) I wanted to share again (ported over the Martin Nodell RIP thread).

100_1405.jpg

Happy Holidays to one and all!

STEVE

steve, that even turns the head of a charter member of the timely-geeks club.

girls.jpg

Dear Santa,

I would like the above pictured Miss America #1 (Timely). I would also like the above pictured Namora 1, 2, and 3. While I haven't been good I do believe these would fit nicely into the other Good Girl Art comics I have.

Sincerely,

Apotheosis

p.s. I can find out where you live sumo.gif

girls.jpg

Dear Santa,

I would like the above pictured Miss America #1 (Timely). I would also like the above pictured Namora 1, 2, and 3. While I haven't been good I do believe these would fit nicely into the other Good Girl Art comics I have.

Sincerely,

Apotheosis

p.s. I can find out where you live sumo.gif

Be careful, he has a mine field and a death ray around the perimeter of his house.

Although I'm not really a big Police Comics fan, I always thought this cover was cool. Mile High's make any book look good though.

Ken

Police25med.jpg

It's interesting to see that whomever wrote the code on this MH put down a "2" for the number of copies received then marked over it with a "4" 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

West

Just shy of my two year forum anniversary but, by the number of postings, not that shy.

Here are a few of my favorite things.

GA_group.jpg ::

hello all...

GREAT shot...how do you do that (make them line up that way, I would love to do that for my tec's, but I am clueless)

thanks

rick

Very awesome comic grouping!!

Yes it is, Ryan - adamstrange has one of the best set of Eyes in the hobby and he Sees the best qualities in the best books.

I've been off celebrating my 20th Wedding Anniversary (hubba, hubba) and getting ready for Xmas, but here's a group shot (sorry for the flash burn) I wanted to share again (ported over the Martin Nodell RIP thread).

100_1405.jpg

Happy Holidays to one and all!

STEVE

hello all...

OMG.... hail.gif...

steve, I need to know when you can hook me up with a private tour of your seemingly endless collection of AWESOME books...

rick

Just shy of my two year forum anniversary but, by the number of postings, not that shy.

Here are a few of my favorite things.

hello all...

GREAT shot...how do you do that (make them line up that way, I would love to do that for my tec's, but I am clueless)

thanks

rick

I don't have a digital camera so that "shot" is a cheat. I use a feature of photoshop called Photomerge. It's a bit tedious and easy mess up when you are doing 20 or more images so I suggest you start with merging only 2 or 3 books just to see how it works.

Tips:

Select File, then Photomerge

It will prompt you to select the images to be merged together

If you are trying to arrange a precise group (like I did for Planet comics), you'll need to have scanned the images to the same size and resolution. With this group I didn't bother because I think it makes the group more interesting to work with.

Once you've finished selecting the images, select OK and a new screen will pot up.

There will be a horz tray at the top with the images to be merged (all very tiny) and a large canvas to place them on.

Drag each image from the tray to the canvas, lining them up as you like. You'll have some options (on the RH side) to let Photoshop align the images to each other (Snap to Image). Sometimes I let Photoshop do that, other times I like control placement entirely on my own.

When you are happy with the placement, select OK and you are back in regular Photoshop.

I usually save the image as is, though it is very large.

Then I resize it to make it not be too wide (or too large) for posting on the web.

Depending on how many comics I'm merging and how much I fuss I take with the placement, it takes anywhere from 15 - 40 minutes.

thanks

rick

An easy (and free) alternative to photoshop is online photo storage website flickr.com which among other cool features (slideshows, set organization, etc) can do wall-size "posters" of up to 100 comic images. gossip.gif You can use the free poster preview function to quickly create collages in jpeg format like this:

332798015_383873c667.jpg

GE

Edited by GreatEscape

thanks

rick

An easy (and free) alternative to photoshop is online photo storage website flickr.com which among other cool features (slideshows, set organization, etc) can do wall-size "posters" of up to 100 comic images. gossip.gif You can use the free poster preview function to quickly create collages in jpeg format like this:

332798015_383873c667_o.jpg

GE

hello all..

thanks to both of the above for info...I will try them!

rick

Love that grouping! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

My pics are in photobucket so maybe I'll see what I can do with it.

GreatEscape,

How do u resize the flickr & qoop.com poster preview to under 200,000 byte jpg so we can post image on this forum?

Once you create a QOOP poster for any set of images selecting the options you want...you generate the free preview...(without having to order the poster itself of course grin.gif)

Once you get the preview image, right click to save the picture (maybe 400-600kb) onto your PC and then upload back to your flickr.com account. When you open this image (or any of our comic scans in flickr.com), click "all sizes" to show small, medium, large, or original sizes. The medium size is ~200kb or lower perfect for posting on forums.

Good luck! thumbsup2.gif

GE

This is my first year buying GA, so, following is my entire GA collection.

1558037-ga.jpg

Before GA, I finished my SA Flash run and a my bronze DC #1's. So, this coming year, I'm focusing on more DC #1's, cool covers I like and a few Flash Comics with covers I really like. (Thanks to fellow board member Batman_fan for the WF)

1558037-ga.jpg.b7aac2c7c94a555f8970af11c6133f13.jpg

Edited by innocuous

Nice variety of books there, innocuous.

The two that stick out for me are the Movie Comics 1 (a very cool and underrated book IMHO) and the pre-hero More Fun.

Good luck on your continued hunt in 2007!

STEVE

1558037-ga.jpg

Before GA, I finished my SA Flash run and a my bronze DC #1's. So, this coming year, I'm focusing on more DC #1's, cool covers I like and a few Flash Comics with covers I really like. (Thanks to fellow board member Batman_fan for the WF)

The Buck Rogers looks great! 893applaud-thumb.gif

1558037-ga.jpg

That is an extremely cool start to a great collection! I love the niche focus on the #1's.

I used to be a strict completionist collector. If was on a title, I would be compelled to buy every copy until the run was done.

That becomes costly and space intensive. So this time around, I have doing your type of niche collecting. It is lots of fun and makes for a nice, varied collection.