• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,349 posts in this topic

Some of my favorites........

Bah! They are not all from the same series poke2.gif

hail.gifthumbsup2.gif

Interesting range in your selection. Why the Smash 14? Is there something special about this issue I should know?

It is the first Ray, with art by Lou Fine. Smash covers, for the most part, are pretty lame. But the Ray cover on #17 is great. I try to get at least one cool cover from every war-time title. So I picked up a #17 as well. But that #14 is like a bad penny. I have sold it three different times, and ended up buying it back every single time! It seems whenever I sell it to someone they go through some sort of financial turmoil within a couple of years. Whenever I buy it back, I seem to pick up a bunch of nice books with it. (Anybody want a Smash #14?)

sign-funnypost.gif

It is the first Ray, with art by Lou Fine.

foreheadslap.gif Excuse my ignorance sorry.gif This is something I should know and now I do and won't forget. At a show last year, Ted V. let me flip through one of those early Smash. Ahh lovely cloud9.gif

It is the first Ray, with art by Lou Fine.

foreheadslap.gif Excuse my ignorance sorry.gif This is something I should know and now I do and won't forget. At a show last year, Ted V. let me flip through one of those early Smash. Ahh lovely cloud9.gif

Smash and Crack (and Feature to a lesser extent) are great titles that I feel don't get their due because the covers are, for the most part, terrible.

Most Jaw Dropping book in the lot is that Tarzan.

Thanks for noticing! It is the Central Valley copy, and at present the book closest to my heart. Saw it at San Diego last year and was able to work out a very unreasonable price on it. But sometimes you just bite your lip and pay!

BTW...the other really cool book is the Silver Streak #1. It is the Pay Copy. Got it at the first Philly Wizard show from a guy walking around the room selling Golden Age. He was at my table buying a World's Finest #3 and said "I can't believe I am buying something. I actually came here to sell!" One thing led to another......

Edited by MrBedrock

Thanks for noticing! It is the Central Valley copy, and at present the book closest to my heart. Saw it at San Diego last year and was able to work out a very unreasonable price on it. But sometimes you just bite your lip and pay!

BTW...the other really cool book is the Silver Streak #1. It is the Pay Copy. Got it at the first Philly Wizard show from a guy walking around the room selling Golden Age. He was at my table buying a World's Finest #3 and said "I can't believe I am buying something. I actually came here to sell!" One thing led to another......

...Guys, I think that "filler" Marvel Mystery #9 CGC 6.5 is not bad either! hail.gif

Dino

That's a beautiful copy -- you've always had great taste in books! 893applaud-thumb.gif

That's a beautiful copy -- you've always had great taste in books! 893applaud-thumb.gif

AND books that taste good!! cloud9.gif

AND books that taste good!! cloud9.gif

Really, never tried GA books or let alone any other kinda books. WHat books have you tasted? tongue.gif

Thanks! I think it is time to get together again and have another big viewing party. We could charge each other admission!

Edited by MrBedrock

singleseries20.jpg

Man, I never get tired of seeing you post this book! cloud9.gif

I may have over done it. This is the last time. I promise!

Thanks! I think it is time to get together again and have another big viewing party. We could charge each other admission!

Sure. All it would cost is one book. devil.gif

Sure. All it would cost is one book. devil.gif

I know the one I want. It might be close to even!

singleseries20.jpg
This book is totally awsome! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks! What I really like is how CGC put "Tarzan" on the label. (Well no *spoon*) If it weren't for that I probably would have had no idea who the main character was. You really can't put too much info on those labels.