• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,349 posts in this topic

I posted this in the Pulps thread, but thought I'd give it a second chance here...

Been focused on pulps lately, since the price of GA books continues to climb.

The bottom two rows of pulps are all Red Circle pulps, which some of you know was a Martin Goodman imprint. Many of these pulps have adds for Marvel Mystery and DARING , which is kind of a cool crossover. They are tough as nails to find in decent condition, and I was lucky enough to find one ebay seller who had a small group of them.

Maybe I'll try to get a group shot of my MARVEL SCIENCE STORIES run... recently upgraded many copies, so I've got that run where I want it now!

Top row also represents some tough, rare and (in three cases) high grade pulps, with classic covers.

WEIRDMENACEgroupshot.jpg

I always thought the figures on the cover of Science Comics #4 (still one of my favorites) appeared to be swiped from a number of sources, the obvious one being Wonderworld #7 for the skeletal creature in the corner. Looks like there's another source right here....

70180.jpg.2f615dfde117a718b7d229f9c08c186e.jpg

I posted this in the Pulps thread, but thought I'd give it a second chance here...

Been focused on pulps lately, since the price of GA books continues to climb.

The bottom two rows of pulps are all Red Circle pulps, which some of you know was a Martin Goodman imprint. Many of these pulps have adds for Marvel Mystery and DARING , which is kind of a cool crossover. They are tough as nails to find in decent condition, and I was lucky enough to find one ebay seller who had a small group of them.

Maybe I'll try to get a group shot of my MARVEL SCIENCE STORIES run... recently upgraded many copies, so I've got that run where I want it now!

Top row also represents some tough, rare and (in three cases) high grade pulps, with classic covers.

WEIRDMENACEgroupshot.jpg

Nice-looking books! :applause: