• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,349 posts in this topic

My copy of NY Fair '40 has blank covers; dunno about the rest. My World's Finest 10 has a contents page in front and a 1 pager in back, all in blue for whatever reason.

I haven't had the Fair '39 or '40 out in a while, but I believe they are both blank on the inside covers. World's Finest were blank on the inside covers until about #8 or #9. My #11 has a Table of Contents on the inside FC and a house ad for the Big 8 of DC comics on the inside BC (Action, Detective, More Fun, Sensation, All American, Star Spangled, Adventure, and Flash).

Also, I hate to disagree with MrBedrock, but my Big All Americans have paper covers, not cardboard. They also have all blue printing on the inside covers.

Also, I hate to disagree with MrBedrock, but my Big All Americans have paper covers, not cardboard. They also have all blue printing on the inside covers.

My bad. I haven't had one in some time but I could have sworn that it had thick covers.

Were cardboard covers peculiar to the World's Fair/World's Finest run, or were they fairly common back in the day?

Cardboard covers were common for pre-1933 comics (Platinum Age), but were almost completely replaced by paper or slick covers for GA books.

Besides the World's Fair/Finest comics, the only other cardboard GA covers I'm aware of were on Detective Dan (1933), Knock, Knock (1936) and I believe Picture Stories from the Bible Complete Old Testament Editions (DC/EC).

I managed to fill an annoying hole in the Fight run today for 41-49:

DSCI0040.jpg

:applause:

Like the blue sofa too (thumbs u

a little orange trim on that sofa and booyah!

DSCI0040.jpg

Sharp copies there Seank. You know I like that group shot (worship)

Jumbo group shot next? :wishluck:

12 more Jumbos to purchase/locate and then you get the group shot of all the Sky Girl issues.

The signature on the 47 is Lily Renee's.

FightComics47SS70.jpg

DSCI0040.jpg

Sharp copies there Seank. You know I like that group shot (worship)

Jumbo group shot next? :wishluck:

12 more Jumbos to purchase/locate and then you get the group shot of all the Sky Girl issues.

The signature on the 47 is Lily Renee's.

FightComics47SS70.jpg

Those are some fine funny books Sean (thumbs u

Got a new camera...so it is time for some group shots.

First. I'd like to introduce you all to my able bodied assistant, Cera...

IMG_0007.jpg

Some misc. late '40s and '50s stuff (MrBedrock is not just a GA Superhero guy).

IMG_0032.jpg

A few comics, in no particular order, that Cera picked out. She likes the unslabbed books.

They feel better on her claws...

IMG_0035.jpg