• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,349 posts in this topic

here's the present state of the doc savage run; the new one, #9, added today, #5 from last year, the upgrade of the best cover, 2/7, with the rest of 'em in group format below.

doc5.jpg

I wish they would have stuck with this format on Doc Savage. Those "peel back" covers with Kay Kayser et al, just aren't in the same league. Doc is one of my all time favorite characters, and one day I'll grab some of these

Edited by ciorac

Those Doc Savage covers look great. The #5 looks like a Guardineer cover. Oops, just noticed it was signed by Binder.

I only have two issues but I kind of like this cover.

It looks like the artist copied the 1912 All Story Tarzan cover.

3343043016_c081427a12.jpg2459500353_f3af457f50.jpg

bb, you're killing me. in the last day or two you've posted a fantastic, a hit and now a doc i need. haven't you been meaning to post those in the selling forum?

here's the present state of the doc savage run; the new one, #9, added today, #5 from last year, the upgrade of the best cover, 2/7, with the rest of 'em in group format below.

doc5.jpg

I wish they would have stuck with this format on Doc Savage. Those "peel back" covers with Kay Kayse et al, just aren't in the same league. Doc is one of my all time favorite characters, and one day I'll grab some of these

no doubt the peel-backs were a step back, BUT my very favorite is one. so good it overcame henny.

docsav.jpg

kept looking at that old group shot of the docs, and had something nagging at me. finally remembered i had upgraded another of my favorites since that shot was taken.

docsavage2-4-1.jpg

Those Doc Savage covers look great. The #5 looks like a Guardineer cover. Oops, just noticed it was signed by Binder.

bb, you're killing me. in the last day or two you've posted a fantastic, a hit and now a doc i need. haven't you been meaning to post those in the selling forum?

Not doing it on purpose. Just adding to the discussion.

3197263890_8175e74939.jpg

kept looking at that old group shot of the docs, and had something nagging at me. finally remembered i had upgraded another of my favorites since that shot was taken.

docsavage2-4-1.jpg

Wow Mr B, pretty stuff, :foryou:

I dont know too much about these books, yet, but I really like this cover a lot. Anyone have a run of Supersnipes?

Edited by Twistty1

docsavage9.jpg

doc5.jpg

docsav.jpg

docs.jpg

BP,

Sorry for stepping on your toes and flaunting all of my comics that you don't have.

Are you selling any of the comics in the above pictures?

bb

3343043016_c081427a12_m.jpg2250017242_bc172edc9d_m.jpg3197263890_8175e74939_m.jpg

But I enjoy your posts and hope to see more of your beautiful collection.

docsavage2-4-1.jpg

Wow Mr B, pretty stuff, :foryou:

I dont know too much about these books, yet, but I really like this cover a lot. Anyone have a run of Supersnipes?

I think the entire run of Supersnipes was posted on another thread. They even had the Shadow issue with the first SS story.

2791371966_576966ebbc_b.jpg1927144454_fc9f8730f2_b.jpg1926318015_8671dc75a0_b.jpg

Here are a few of mine.

Edited by BB-Gun

Not doing it on purpose. Just adding to the discussion.

3197263890_8175e74939.jpg

It would be wrong if you were doing it on purpose :whistle:

th_jp5.jpgth_jp7.jpgth_jackpot9.jpg

docsavage2-4-1.jpg

Fanny is looking a little like Schlizie from Freaks in that photo...maybe it's just me?