• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,349 posts in this topic

As for ACG, they don't really belong here (My pictures for those have the gold & silver books mixed together). Maybe in the Atomic Age thread?

Yup, in the Shadow of the Atomic Age, would be a good place for your ACG collection. Isn't your avatar from an ACG cover?

I agree with you. A complete publisher goal is tough. I have considered it before b/c it's fun but it won't be DC nor Dell, nor Atlas. If I ever decide to go for it, I'll go for the complete ME.

I tried doing that with Fawcett once. Got about 2/3rds complete and lost steam.

Ronaldo once asked me if I ever thought about collecting all the Fiction House books. I told him I wouldn't because I couldn't stand to chase after titles like Wambi, Jungle Boy. Reading those stories in Jungle Comics makes my teeth hurt.

As for ACG, they don't really belong here (My pictures for those have the gold & silver books mixed together). Maybe in the Atomic Age thread?

Yup, in the Shadow of the Atomic Age, would be a good place for your ACG collection. Isn't your avatar from an ACG cover?

I agree with you. A complete publisher goal is tough. I have considered it before b/c it's fun but it won't be DC nor Dell, nor Atlas. If I ever decide to go for it, I'll go for the complete ME.

Ronaldo once asked me if I ever thought about collecting all the Fiction House books. I told him I wouldn't because I couldn't stand to chase after titles like Wambi, Jungle Boy. Reading those stories in Jungle Comics makes my teeth hurt.

Well, Wambi can be cool. It depends on which artist you catch on the feature. But, yes, there is one artist who must have started as an etch artist who worked on it and, boy, does it make one's teeth hurt as you put it.

Well, Wambi can be cool. It depends on which artist you catch on the feature. But, yes, there is one artist who must have started as an etch artist who worked on it and, boy, does it make one's teeth hurt as you put it.

I write, so that's something I notice. I give GA books a certain amount of latitude, but I find the Wambi stories I've read to be quite dreadful. Late-run Sheena stories in Jumbo are similarly dreadful.

I write, so that's something I notice. I give GA books a certain amount of latitude, but I find the Wambi stories I've read to be quite dreadful. Late-run Sheena stories in Jumbo are similarly dreadful.

The good thing about Quality and ACG is that the stories stayed above average other than the romance titles. I may try to finish them again, but lately I'm all over the place in my collecting.

The average person on the street has heard of what percentage of these characters?

4629692938_fe421c2817_o.jpg4629091981_0a050a016d_o.jpg

Huuuhh ... none?! Some of these are obscure even by my standards :o

Love the Tailspin Tommy though :applause: