• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,330 posts in this topic

seems like a long, long time since i got to do one ot these.

heroic.jpg

You did what I never was able to do in assembling that set! Way to go geek! That is one purty set ot [sic] books

heroic.jpg

You did what I never was able to do in assembling that set! Way to go geek! That is one purty set ot [sic] books

you just like that shot cuz you're responsible for about half of 'em! thanks, buddy.

heroic.jpg

you just like that shot cuz you're responsible for about half of 'em! thanks, buddy.

Yeah but you got them all :applause:

heroic.jpg

As you know sir, several very tough books in there...and some great Everett, Mills, Thompson, Peter, etc. artwork.

Love dat set!

Was going to wait and take new pictures w/ my recently acquired World's Best #1, but I'm lazy.

no feet in these, but the dog got in almost all of them.

i101690_WFA.JPG

I like the cover for 9 but 7 has some really good stories.And the Superman splash in issue 6 makes it worth the purchase price.

4587177991_8084b67431.jpg4587801256_cf6a23a00d.jpg4587823334_f0792f67ee.jpg

I hope I get a chance to finish the early run. Stories with Superman and Batman should be good enough but throw in Sandman and Zatara and you got a pretty good deal for 15 cents.

I posted my new ratty copy of Prize Comics Western # 109 in the Have a Cigar thread. This was the last PCW I needed to complete the American Eagle run.

I am the Anti-GAtor. The first issue I bought was waaaay back in May 2003 and I am completing the 35 issues run today lol

None of the issues are tough to find, I just wanted to complete this one on a budget, waiting for the right copy at the right price unlike my Fight run I pursue more aggressively.

Sorry, couldn't organize myself better for the group shot. Note that there are a couple of pre-85 (first American Eagle) issue in the shot since Severin's work on the series start circa issue # 72 (albeit not on American Eagle) so I pick those up as well as I see them cheap.

101700.jpg.58bae3898257201bc187871a26437d6c.jpg

101701.jpg.aa90867da24a3225a48c2331b7d33792.jpg

101702.jpg.92af3a977e2798e2c87307ffe8cafbe4.jpg

I posted my new ratty copy of Prize Comics Western # 109 in the Have a Cigar thread. This was the last PCW I needed to complete the American Eagle run.

Congrats and great group shot. I wish I had that kind of patience.