• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,349 posts in this topic

And what a stack it is :applause:

Ditto! :cloud9:

Great collection Scrooge! :applause: How long did it take you to accumulate all of them? Are you planning to try to complete the runs?

Thanks everyone!

You know until yesterday I didn't have a clear idea of where I stood with Fiction House but turns out what you see is about 40% of everything they published :o It took me about 10 years? That means essentially a steady slow pace of simply 3 books a month and you get there. The tortoise approach as I call it.

I am working on completing three of the Big 6 runs: Fight, Rangers and Wings.

I'd love to complete Planet but it's not $$ realistic at this point. Jungles and Jumbos, I am only interested in part of each run.

The rest, I have some of the minor runs complete: Indians, Long Bow, Toyland; close on Kaanga, would like to do Cowgirl Romance & Firehair. Not much into Sheena or Wambi and should get back into Ghost.

Sorry went on too long.

Here is my group shot of this short lived title. And, if anyone wants a closer look, I've added thumbnails below.

c3cdce11-bc61-459e-af53-846f22fa7682_zpsea8d1096.jpg

th_mystery1_zpsa5e73398.jpgth_mystery2_zpsf4e812e3.jpgth_mystery3_zps634487c8.jpgth_mystery4_zps7f80926f.jpg

nice! i useta have that run, but, alas, it is now gone. a cool one, to be sure.

Great collection Scrooge! :applause: How long did it take you to accumulate all of them? Are you planning to try to complete the runs?

Thanks everyone!

You know until yesterday I didn't have a clear idea of where I stood with Fiction House but turns out what you see is about 40% of everything they published :o It took me about 10 years? That means essentially a steady slow pace of simply 3 books a month and you get there. The tortoise approach as I call it.

I'd love to complete Planet but it's not $$ realistic at this point. Jungles and Jumbos, I am only interested in part of each run.

The rest, I have some of the minor runs complete: Indians, Long Bow, Toyland; close on Kaanga, would like to do Cowgirl Romance & Firehair. Not much into Sheena or Wambi and should get back into Ghost.

Sorry went on too long.

Never too long to go on about Fiction House books.Great collection!

A while ago, I created a Four Color mattress as you guys called it.

Got a chance to put away some of the purchases from the last 6+ months and went ahead and created a Fiction House tower in the process. Fiction House takes up a lot of my collection though is distant behind Dell and Atlas.

Warning :Extensive pictures coming up

FHTowerSide_zps742f9e9c.jpg

FHTowerTop_zps016bba0e.jpg

Holy goat!!! What a group shot! :applause:

Way cool shots, Scrooge, and quite an achievement to have this many in presentable condition.

Can't even imagine how much patience that must take. Those are some deep runs! I was trying for Rangers #1-36 or thereabouts, and didn't even get halfway.

Way cool shots, Scrooge, and quite an achievement to have this many in presentable condition.

Can't even imagine how much patience that must take. Those are some deep runs! I was trying for Rangers #1-36 or thereabouts, and didn't even get halfway.

Thanks .5. I am sure you recognized quite a few of your former copies. Couldn't pass up the Rangers 24 you posted the other day :)