• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mystery box of approx 150 - 200 GA Comics arriving today

1,277 posts in this topic

Like usual nothing important to say, just the sound of wind poke2.gif

I think you're acting needlessly belligerent to the guy, just because he won't let you rip him off.

He owes you nothing. He owes me nothing. He owes the GA collectors here nothing. He owes the entire forum nothing. Get that through your skull. makepoint.gif

I don't even collect GA, was just trying to get a rise out of you JC and apparently it worked. No hard feelings hi.gif

How has anyone helped him other than "claiming" books as their own? confused-smiley-013.gif

Exactly. Sharks were smelling blood, but now they're angry the buffet's been closed.

But we go into a feeding frenzy when we smell blood. What else do you expect from us?

How has anyone helped him other than "claiming" books as their own? confused-smiley-013.gif

Exactly. Sharks were smelling blood, but now they're angry the buffet's been closed.

But we go into a feeding frenzy when we smell blood. What else do you expect from us?

Blood, cream filling from Twinkies... it's all the same around here.

893naughty-thumb.gif You should give some of these GA board members who have helped you the last day the opportunity to buy some books. On the other hand since you don't know much about comics, maybe your descriptions will be poor and they will go cheap.

Gimme a break. He doesn't owe us anything and we don't owe him anything - he wants to put them on EBay and I applaud his choice. Too many sharks in these waters offering to pay "top dollar" on rarities, when in reality they've got a client behind the scenes willing to pay "top dollar x 3".

And if he needs help with his auctions, I'll volunteer to lend a hand.

893applaud-thumb.gif totally agree with Joe here. What help did anyone give him? Except quote NM prices from an online price guide whose data is dubious at best foreheadslap.gif Folks gave opinions and drooled and tried to get in on deals for books before the original poster was even done showing them. Granted it is Golden Age and I don't have any interest, except in noticing that Joker covers look cool and would like to see what a little orphan annie BLB is like, but man, JC is on point about "sharks"

I don't think people are being disengenous here when trying to purchase these books. For instance, if he had a nice copy of Phantom Lady #23, I would've PM'd him and stated that if he was looking at offers for the book, then this is what I'm willing to pay. If he got a better offer from someone else or thought Ebay was the way to go, then great. I've purchased many books privately off Ebay sellers since they wanted to avoid paying the fees or getting low bids. Heck, I'd rather sell my books to forum members at 10% off my asking price vs. listing the book on Comiclink and have them make the additional profit.

There may be some board members here who enjoy the Twinkies but not me. thumbsup2.gif

There may be some board members here who enjoy the Twinkies but not me. thumbsup2.gif

893whatthe.gif He's a witch!

HolyGrail029.jpg

BURN HIM!

I don't think people are being disengenous here when trying to purchase these books.

You may not have been...can you vouch for everyone else? With all this cry for a level playing field, I was surprised a bit by pirate's comment against the OP posting his stuff on ebay and letting the market decide. I thought the atmosphere around here would have been most open to that scenario. No back room deals, no potential for "You offered me $50 today but this forumite offered me $100 just a couple of minutes ago and if you offer me $125, I'll consider it after I inform the other guy about your counter offer...blah blah" bunch of shady f'ks around here

For instance, if he had a nice copy of Phantom Lady #23, I would've PM'd him and stated that if he was looking at offers for the book, then this is what I'm willing to pay.

I might have given you a run for it on that one 893scratchchin-thumb.giftongue.gif

If he got a better offer from someone else or thought Ebay was the way to go, then great.

Why not encourage the guy to seek FMV on ebay from the get go...

I've purchased many books privately off Ebay sellers since they wanted to avoid paying the fees or getting low bids.

so have I...usually long time ebayers, ones I have long standing history of dealing with. NOT Newbies that I can take advantage of...

Heck, I'd rather sell my books to forum members at 10% off my asking price vs. listing the book on Comiclink and have them make the additional profit.

I'm with you on that but this guy may not have an asking price set in mind. Post it on ebay, no reserve, low starting bid and let the madness ensue.

893whatthe.gif He's a witch!

HolyGrail029.jpg

<h1>BURN HIM!</h1>

We could keep this going.

She turned me into a newt!

1148188-NewtComputer.jpg

1148188-NewtComputer.jpg.2e3b1c319385d7ffa49ed861505e9953.jpg

O.K., I think we're basically in agreement. If you're an experienced seller and have a pretty good idea of what each book will sell for, then getting offers isn't a bad idea. However, if you're somewhat of a newbie and are afraid of being taken advantage of, then I agree that Ebay is the best place to sell.

Ummmmm, just curious as to why some scans are different sizes and others have different background colors.

I think it's the thickness of the book. The ones with deep shadows usually have a higher price tag.

The different sizes are accounted for by him scanning at a lower res to get them online faster last night... (I think there were only a couple like that.)

Ummmmm, just curious as to why some scans are different sizes and others have different background colors.

I too have been wondering why everyone suddenly suspended their disbelief just because a few scans of some beat up old comics got posted. What exactly does that prove, other than the fact that someone has some old comics or some scans of old comics?

Here's the list of the Batman comics

14,15, 21, 26-37, 47, 49, 50, 53-58, 66-69, 73, 80, 89, 91, 93, 94, 100, 102, 105, 117, 119, 121, 123-125, 128-132, 139, 145, 146, 148, 155

That's a nice start! cloud9.gif

I too have been wondering why everyone suddenly suspended their disbelief just because a few scans of some beat up old comics got posted. What exactly does that prove, other than the fact that someone has some old comics or some scans of old comics?

Well, if you have no ulterior motive other than enjoying seeing some cool covers...

Enjoy it for what it is.

Some of the differing scans were books belonging to a longtime lurker. But most of the OP's scans were on a white background and the shading may have been due to scanning quickly and leaving the lid up? confused-smiley-013.gif

Yeah - where the pic of the box it arrived in and the UPS tracking number? 893scratchchin-thumb.giftongue.gif

Tim - you still think this is Zaid messing with us?